cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnC2
Message 11 of 30

Re: SmarttTalk Problem

Go to solution

Hi @ruttersj Thanks for the update and I will let Neil know and he can check this out when he is back tomorrow.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
ruttersj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 30

Go to solution

2 calls today, 1 from David and 1 from a Smart Talk support person(?). From the second conversation I am not sure that the nature of my issue hs been communicated correctly to the support team i.e. they thought I was having trouble registering a mobile device to use Smart Talk. This has not been the case so far!

My problem is that having downloaded the Smart Talk application and registered an android phone, I cannot see from within MyBT account (https://www.bt.com/s/apps/appspackages/?s_cid=con_FURL_mybt&pgn=1&siteArea=con.mya#/extras) which, if any, other devices are registered and so cannot delete devices or change the permissions of those registered. In fact I am completely blind as to how many devices are registered, there no longer being an option in MyBT account to "Manage BT Smart Talk".

The current view of status and contol of Smart Talk from within MyBT account is as per the screenshot from post 6. Despite the fact that the service is shown as inactive, I can make calls from the one android device I know is registered. I would like to see the return of the function which allows me to see and control all devices that have access to this extra on my account.

0 Ratings
ruttersj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

So another call from Smart Talk team today asking me to try registering my smart phone again so they could track the activity. Yet again I advised that registering and using the Smart Talk app is not the issue but that controlling who can or should use Smart Talk on my account via MyBT was.

After further lengthy discussion they acknowledged the problem and confirmed that Smart Talk was not the issue but that the MyBT application and/or my account was! Their advise was to contact Broadband Technical team direct on (number withheld) and insist that this be resolved by that team rather than further referral to Smart Talk team. Not sure why as a customer I should be managing the interactions between support teams, but hey ho!

Not surprisingly when I called the BB tech team they pointed me back to the Smart Talk team and suggested I await call back from them (wild goose chase and going around the houses now comes to mind). After another significant and mostly pointless discussion on the operating system of my smartphone, the first line BB tech team accepted that the problem should be referred to the 3rd line cam team. I am assured that is where my issue is now heading (again??).

I am frustrated rather than annoyed at the apparent lack of cohesion between technical teams to work together to resolve and particularly disappointed that the hand-off between teams is managed by me "the customer" rather than by a controlling system or process. 

0 Ratings
ruttersj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

Tried again today, following 2 routes:

MyBT

Manage Your Extras

BT SmartTalk

Set up BT Smart Talk

Get option to download app to android phone!

MyBT

Manage Your Settings

BT Smart Talk

Manage BT Smart Talk

Receive error message "Problem occurred while loading my bt page. Please try again after some time. "

Smart Talk team say it is not a Smart Talk problem but that it is a problem with MyBT and needs to be resolved by the Broadband Tech Team.

Still without access to block, delete, check or change restrictions.

HELP!

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution

Hi Ruttersj

Thanks for letting us know, really sorry that the Smart Talk guys have not been able to help.  

We can discuss this issue with the MyBT guys and get their take on the situation.  I'll reach out today to get some advice on this.  Neil is back in the office tomorrow and will give you a shout then.

Once again I am sorry this is proving a difficult one to resolve.

Stuart

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

@ruttersj we haven't forgotten about you, I've been chasing the Smart talk team today for an update and as soon as I know more I'll give you a call.

0 Ratings
ruttersj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

With the Smart talk team having confirmed no issues with Smart Talk, what is the news from the MyBT team?

Still receiving the message "Problem occurred while loading my bt page. Please try again after some time." when logged into MyBT account.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

@ruttersj Thanks for posting, I've been chasing them since last week for an update.  Smart talk have got back to me this morning and acknowledged the issue, they are due to perform a Smart talk Data cleanse of your BT ID details which they believe will resolve this fault.  I'll get back to you on Thursday with further updates.

0 Ratings
ruttersj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution
Interesting! Thanks for update.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @ruttersj the data cleanse has been completed, can you check if the problem is sorted?

0 Ratings