upload 0.26 kbps

ping latency 54.00 ms
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 38

Re: Sudden drop in BB speed

Go to solution
try on restart of the hub and see if it improves the connection speed other than that just wait for the mods to contact
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 38

Go to solution
Well....I did restart the hub yesterday but things got worse, and fairly soon after that the internet crawled to an almost complete stop. Still connected but couldn't load a page. 24 hours later I re-started the hub again, and instant success. The speed climbed to 1.1 Mbps. ADSL stats below.

ADSL Line StatusConnection InformationLine state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 02:37:00
Downstream: 2.844 Mbps
Upstream: 384 Kbps

ADSL SettingsVPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type: Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up): 6.1 dB / 6.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 15.7 dB / 6.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 14.0 dBm / 12.1 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 23 / 45
CRC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 5
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 3
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 5

Have had a call from BT with promise of another today.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 38

Go to solution

faster than before but long way off the 8mb it should be.  need to wait on mods contacting you and I expect an engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 38

Go to solution
spoke too soon...
10.00 pm today

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download Speed
0.5 Mbps

0 Mbps 2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.5 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :0.58 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.38 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1.25 Mbps
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 38

Go to solution
Your profile is to high and will probably reset in near future

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 38

Go to solution

Well, it's early days but we may mark this as SOLVED !!

Following completing the appropriate form, I was contacted by a Moderator who refunded my previous engineer visit payment £99 and more importantly set up a swift engineer visit yesterday.

After the usual tests the engineer went off in his van and returned after visiting the exchange. He had discovered the problem was near the Exchange in the actual wiring. He re-connected us via a different 'pair' and immediately achieved good speeds of 6 Mbps. This is real progress as in 6 months we have never achieved speeds anywhere near this (our maximum possible is 8 Mbps). The engineer who was the same as who visited earlier in the year was apologetic that this had not been detected before and explained this was due to the location of the fault. I felt satisfied with the engineer's explanation and pleased with the outcome although it is early to say if this is a permanent solution.

As regards possible solutions offered on this site, I am sure all the other possible solutions offered were red herrings. I am also vindicated in the belief that the previous temporary upsurges in speed (albeit to 1Mbps) was instigated by BT who were getting the exchange to re-set my profile. The fall-off in speed happened automatically as the wiring failed to transmit the full signal - 'shorting out' - in some sense due to possible underground/weather factors.

So the problem was in the wiring after all ! Thanks to all the contributors. Hope any readers are helped by this solution.

Today:-

ADSL Line StatusConnection InformationLine state: Connected Connection time: 1 days, 07:08:40 Downstream: 7.5 Mbps Upstream: 448 Kbps ADSL SettingsVPI/VCI: 0/38 Type: PPPoA Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A Latency type: Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up): 7.3 dB / 25.0 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up): 14.9 dB / 6.0 dB Output power (Down/Up): 13.9 dBm / 12.0 dBm FEC Events (Down/Up): 7614 / 30 CRC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 10 Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 HEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 6 Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 9

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 6.3 Mbps 0 Mbps 7.15 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 6.3 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :7.68 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 6.5 Mbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 38

Go to solution
Looking good and still expect connection to reach 8mb when it settles

0 Ratings