cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henburyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

Re: System update on June 23rd - Problems with accessing or playing on demand programmes

Does anyone know what this announcement refers to. Is it a software update? I have checked my G4 box every day since the 23rd and nothing at all seems to have altered. I have also done a software updat and my box says it is up o date on 17.3.0.

Any ideas please, anyone?

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 31

Re: System update on June 23rd - Problems with accessing or playing on demand programmes

My BT Player updated to Client Version 1.9.06_PROD

within the player my device id is also showing now as prod-trusted

Changes to individual Players on your Youview box are not immediately obvious.

0 Ratings
zolah
Contributor
Message 3 of 31

I have just checked nine and my bt player information is showing

Client version : 1.7.37_PROD

device I'D : prod_trusted/ then some numbers

Is this still the old version?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 31

Yes. If you go into settings and update on demand players you should then see the newer version...

I don't think there are any immediate changes just underlying speed and reliabilty improvements, nothing to get excited about but then they never said they were...mainly backend updates.

About time they refreshed the on demand interface in my opinion..I wonder if the new CEO on 1st July will look to make any changes...

0 Ratings
zolah
Contributor
Message 5 of 31

I have gone into youview settings and updated on demand and it says update request sent.

When I go back into the BT player the version is still the same however when I left I was asked to activate my Internet channels again as was warned about.

Any ideas?
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 31

Try re-booting the box (power button for 8 seconds) and see if that forces the new player version...thats all I did with mine and it went from the 1.7 to the 1.9 version...

Although you might be very underwhelmed by the outcome...unless you have specific issues with the on demand content I don't think you will see any difference...but if anyone notices anything please post as the official responses are non existent on things like this (to be honest on most things)...

0 Ratings
zolah
Contributor
Message 7 of 31

Tried doing the hard reset but it still shows as 1.7

Help =/

0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 8 of 31

It's a server update and the application rollout would have been paused for this.

I'll let you know when it's back online.

Steve

0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 9 of 31

You can try manually updating again now and it should work. Boxes will start to upgrade automatically overnight tonight.

Steve

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 31

Steve_m - are there any use facing changes in this update?
0 Ratings