cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Re: Terrible upload speed on BT Unlimited.

I'm posting this in desperation.

I've been suffering a similar upload speed problem for OVER A YEAR and BT seems incapable of sorting it. They have run every test known to BT-kind and the "line is fine". Last week, I had (my fourth) engineer visit and he was able to verify that my upload speed was dropping as low as an indicated 0.00 Mbps (on the BT speedtester using WiFi and hard-wire, my laptop and his), tho' it's more typically in the 0.01-0.06 range. The line tested as being fine both from my property and from the exchange.

My typical download speed is 2.5 - 3 Mbps wihch is more than adequate. Based on this (and BT's own rule of upload speed being 12% of download) I should expect to see around 0.3 Mbps on upload... and sometimes I do. This is an intermittent problem - it sometimes runs fine for days and then BOOM! 

I am incredibly frustrated as nobody at BT seems to care in the slightest that this has been going on for a year. Nobody is taking ownership. I just get passed around in circles and, frankly, I've had it. Unfortunately, I live in a rural area and have no alternative to BT.

Any pionters 1) as to the likely resolution to the problem and 2) how to get someone at BT to step up and take ownership until it's sorted?

I know this is a hard case, but this is simply not good enough service from BT...

Thanks for any guidance.

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 2.89 Mbps

0 Mbps4 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.89 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 2.88 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.09 Mbps

0 Mbps0.45 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.09Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.45 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Terrible upload speed on BT Unlimited.

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings