Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BALDYIAN63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Re: Thinking of re-contracting.

Go to solution

I"ve just received a letter stating my BT TV package was coming to the end of it"s contract of 12 Months and would be costing me £4 a month while i"m out of contract.....shock 

Well the shock is actually that my Broadband & Phone package are also at the end of the 12 month contract (ironically) and i received no notification via email or otherwise informing me of this fact. Obviously the TV side of BT are more proactive than the mega bucks Broadband & Phone side?

The irony is that there is only one offer available to me from BT which is to upgrade from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2 for a higher cost that that offered to new customers in todays new 14 day offers (September 26th 2016) Also Customer services cannot even match the Infinity 2 offer that i have highlighted in my account, never mind the choice of the 3 new Broadband offers.

As i am at the end of my 12 month contract it is weirdly cheaper for me to terminate my BT contract and have to pay a cancellation fee of £31 and start a new BT Broadband/Phone & TV package up (including set up fees of £66.95 for a new Router and TV box i already have) cheaper per month than those offered by BT or customer Services!!

What is wrong with BT ?? I want to stay with BT and it"s services but i have to pay extra for the priviledge of being an existing customer?? 

I want to stay with the Infinity Broadband and Phone & TV package i"m on. Why should i have to pay set up fees and delivery for items i already own and don"t need to continue my BT experience at a resonable cost? 

If BT put some of it"s effort it obviously spends on it"s weekly Sales into delivering Customer Service for existing customers it"d be scoring a lot higher in customer satisfaction.

And too think i thought Talk.... was bad 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Go to solution

You need to call 0800 800 030, to negotiate a better renewal deal from BT.

0 Ratings
BALDYIAN63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply Keith.

Unfortunately i"ve spoken to two different Customer Service Rep"s and both are unable to offer me a continuation or renewal of contract that comes near to the price i can get by doing the above which is to leave BT with a £31 charge and start another 12 month contract with one of the current offers. Even with all the fees and delivery charges of £66.95 7 the above £31 which evens out with the £100 reward card (if it ever appears?) and i"d still be at least £4 a month better off via one of the new offers on a like for like basis!

If i went to another provider i wouldn"t have to pay the £31 disconnection charge. The weird thing is i have to pay BT the £31 charge to disconnect when i wouldn't  even be physically leaving BT to start another contract.

In this age of ours of saving the planets resouces etc surely there should be methods in place to allow a discount for those customers not requiring yet more Modems & associated Tat" they already have ?

Regards Ian 

0 Ratings