Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdwardO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Re: Truly Poor Mobile Provision & Service

Go to solution

I have had exactly the same experience as "Iamtheonly1".  I requested a new SIM for a new phone (as the old sim did not fit the new phone) and after 10 days waiting for activation and numerous chats with the mobile chat team they sent me another new sim.  This was a mistake as I have been waiting over a week for this new one to be activated.  The mobile chat team ensured me on both occasions that my issue had been escalated, but still I wait...  

Ironically I bought a new phone in the first place so that I could hand down the other phone to one of my sons with a new BT mobile plan which I had intended to purchase at the end of August ready for his first day at secondary school.  I now do not feel confident that BT can deliver on this and am regrettably reconsidering my option.  "Truly Poor Mobile Provision & Service" (as "Iamtheonly1" has labelled it) does have its repercussions.  

Given that I too have been waiting for over 2 weeks, can I use the 'contact the mods' link in your forum profile to chase this up for me as I too have had no luck with the mobile chat team?

Many thanks
Eddie 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
NeilO
Message 2 of 3

Go to solution

@EdwardO I've started your own thread to avoid any confusion with the Op's issue. I'm really sorry about the problem with your SIM activation, you'll need to try the BT Mobile chat team first and request them to log this as a fault. Post back and let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
EdwardO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Go to solution

Neil - Many thanks. I spoke again to BT Mobile Chat last week and decided that after waiting 18 days for my new sim to be activated I would not be fobbed off with being told that the issue had been escalated and in the meantime to wait and also check that my phone was indeed unlocked. It seemed that no matter how many times I said it was a fault at their end as my mobile phone worked perfectly fine using different sims from different mobile providers (it was just the BT (‘unactivated’) sim that would not work). Although I continued to go around in circles with the BT Mobile Chat person, after what must have been an hour of discussion I was told that the fault had again been escalated, but this time I was given a “Fault reference number”. Within an hour the fault had been resolved - if only this had been done 18 days previous... A text message was then received stating that the sim had been activated. A short time later I received a courtesy call from BT apologising for the unacceptable wait. IMPORTANTLY, what I have learnt from this unacceptable saga is that if there is an issue in the future I should ALWAYS request a Fault reference number as proof that the issue is actually being dealt with.

0 Ratings