cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SueH111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Re: Unable to access Btyahoo email account after changing password

I have a similar problem to Arellis.  I also changed passwords due to the Yahoo fiasco  and on my phone and Ipad I have no problem.  However, on my IMac I cannot send out any emails and I have three messages on screen.  

1.  CalDAV passowrd required.  Enter your password for ...........  in Internet Accounts    Close / continue

2.  Contacts password required.  Enter your password for .........  in Internet Accounts    Close / continue

3.  Cannot connect to  Account Yahoo.  Enter password for .......  in Internet Accounts    Close / continue

When i try to do this with either my new or old password it comes up eventually with - we are unable to verify account name or password.  If I close the message, it just comes up on the screen a few seconds later.  I dont really know what to do - i am not particularly confident in this aspect of setting up internet / email accounts as i get concerned about losing emails etc that I need.  However, I have tried both my new and old passwords in the exact format that i have previously used or the one I have changed it to in the last week.  Can anyone make any suggestions as i really need to send emails from this machine.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

I am not a Mac user so I don't know the exact procedure for them but have you changed the password in the email client that you are using. You may need to change it for both the out going and incoming settings depending on how it is set up.

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Simplest solution if you are using the email client is to delete the account. Then start over. You won't lose any emails.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings