Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Re: Unable to order BT Infinity even though I'm connected to the cabinet

Hi Webby,

Old post I know but I have a similar problem but I already have Sky Fibre.

Surely they can 'disconnect' me from Sky and reconnect me to BT without me having to go on a waiting list? I spoke to online chat and they said that this was to stop BT having a monopoly! Well it's actually stopping me from switching to a cheaper/faster ISP with BT Sport for free - how is that in the interest of the customer?

Cheers!

Mark  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

@bionicmanc

I have given you a new thread.

Openreach control the allocation of ports to all Service Providers who use their network.

Once you leave Sky Fibre, your port will be ceased and will be given to the next person on the waiting list. They could be a customer of any Service Provider that use the Openreach fibre network.

BT Retail customers would have to wait in turn for a free port.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

It is in the interest of all customers  if you give up your connection then another customer from whichever ISP gets the chance to move to fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@bionicmanc wrote:

Hi Webby,

Old post I know but I have a similar problem but I already have Sky Fibre.

Surely they can 'disconnect' me from Sky and reconnect me to BT without me having to go on a waiting list? I spoke to online chat and they said that this was to stop BT having a monopoly! Well it's actually stopping me from switching to a cheaper/faster ISP with BT Sport for free - how is that in the interest of the customer?

Cheers!

Mark  

You might have a different view if you were a customer on the waiting list. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the feedback and the new thread. Not what I wanted to hear but thanks!

So effectively I need to stay on Sky Fibre. Guess I should register with BT in the hope that a Fibre slot becomes available in the near future? What a crazy system!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Oh and I suspected the 'monopoly' part was a bum steer!

0 Ratings