Re: Upload speed terrible

PS I have a HomeHub3

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 33

You appear to be on infinity 2 but can't get faster speed than infinity 1 so suggest you downgrade and save some money.  That won't help poor upload speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JL999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 33

Thanks IMJolly

THere was somebidy else helping out John46?? asked me to print this (below)

but what I dont understand is how I can have an upload speed of 6-7M for 3+ years and then it drops to 600k-1M in tha last 3 weeks and then BT say they cannot guarantee it. I have lots of speed check data for the past. Also, when I had problems a few months ago (can exactly remember when maybe 6+) the engineer that came out ended up having a heated discussion with somebody on the phone who was telling him I could not get this speed and then miraculously this went back up. There is clearly some restriction being placed on us here and its not on.

availability internet.png

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 33

you are wasting money being on infinity 2 downgrade to infinity 1
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 33

do you have a stable connection?  if so maybe a modem reset will give you better upload speed - resetting hub won't help the internet connection which is controlled by modem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JL999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 33

Connection is stable. I have reset the modem and the hub as per instruction from BT tech help before i entered anything on this forum. I have registered a complaint.

They have simply restricted my upload speed from 6M to 0.7M and I really dont understand why and nobody will give me an answer from BT. Im keen to see if anybody else has had a similar experience.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 33

I doubt  BT have restricted your upload speed more likely there is a fault and you need an engineer visit. Report problem to customer services and complain your upload speed is less than estimate you have

0 Ratings
JL999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 33

Thanks i will try them again

0 Ratings
sammyd0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 33

Hi JL999 I've had similar issues in terms of terrible upload speed...since September last year til the start of May we were getting around 5-6 Mb/s upload. Then suddenly around the start of May the speed has been at below 0.4 Mb/s! With 5 engineer visits we still have no answers..every visit we have had an engineer turns up they run the same tests that all show ok to the house they say they go to the cabinet to run some tests then hear nothing back!
Hopefully things will get sorted out sooner for you
0 Ratings
JL999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 33

Thanks sammyd0

I have some more information about whats happenig around here. Firstly though I have knowledge of the type of equipment being used. I used to provide test solutions to the manufacturers of the CPE and DSLAM's so I have a greater understanding of the test equipment being used and also access to technical advice. But thats was a 2 yeras ago

Once suggestion is that I have been IP profiled because of loss of connection at my house. My modem has been switched off a number of times over the last few weeks because of electrical work going on. However, my neighbours have also noticed a drop in the UL speed as well and I am not sure why this woudl only affect UL speed. So three of us are now looking at alternative providers, as why would we pay so much for an inferior service? I work from home and often need a good upload connection for online presentations and it has already been remarked upon about the poor connection, so basically I am unable to do my job! which ultimately leads to one thing 😞

I spoke to BT yesterday and demanded an answer as to why I have had 6-7M for so long and it now drops to 0.7M -  and he got quite irate and was on the verge of shouting at me. THey told me there were no faults on the line

But one thing is certain and I will post it EVERY day if I have to - this happened before and the engineer had to call somebody up the broadband chain to get it turned it back uo. Even the engineer was told that was all I could get so if he is getting fobbed off what chance does the consumer have. However, I had stacks of hiostorical speed checks and he had to argue with the person on teh phone and eventually they switched be back up so something is NOT right.

My livelihood is potentially at stake here so I need a solution soon!

http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/guides/speed/why-do-a-speed-test

0 Ratings