cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

Re: Using DSL extension cable

Hi, did the Infinity Extension work for you and can you still buy them from a shop or have they been discontinued?

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

@Starwire2000 you are posting on a very old thread.

They are readily available.

Look on Amazon, or another site, for RJ11 data extension cable.

data_extension.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

Thanks but I'm not sure an RJ11 Cable will help but I'll give one a try. I don't have an Amazon near me but there is an Argos and a Tesco, do you think they'd sell them?
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 4 of 28

If an RJ11 won't help what are you trying to do? The connection between master socket and hub is RJ11.

Amazon is an online store so there won't be one near you. Argos, Tesco, Asda, PC World Curries and Maplan will all sell them but expect to pay significantly more. You may wish to try Ebay.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 28

if you are going to run extension cable for any distance then I would just buy a new shielded rj11 cable like this   it may look like an ethernet cable but it is a rj11 cable - i use one at present belkin shielded rj11_.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Thank you for that but no it's definitely not the cable I need so glad I didn't have a wasted trip to Argos. I'm after one of the black ones with the yellow plugs.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 28

You are being extremely vague. What is the problem you have and what EXACTLY are you looking for?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 28

@Starwire2000 wrote:
Thank you for that but no it's definitely not the cable I need so glad I didn't have a wasted trip to Argos. I'm after one of the black ones with the yellow plugs.

The colour of the cable and the colour of the plugs are irrelevant, they can come in many colours but have the same core to the cable and connectors. It is the type of plug that you need to specify. If you are not sure you should say what you are wanting to connect the cable from and to and somebody might be able to tell you what cable and connectors you need.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 28

'The black ones with the yellow plugs' are normally Ethernet cables which connect hub to device not hub to openreach wall socket

it would be a help as suggested you are more specific what you are trying to achieve

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

Sorry but I'm not very experienced in Information Communications, most of my working life was spent as a Park Attendant, except for a brief spell in a crisp factory so it's all a bit Japanese to me.

I'm just after a cable to plug in to my internet box that has yellow plugs.
0 Ratings