cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Re: Very disappointed with BT

Dont know what forum to post on but i am very disappointed with BT for the past couple of years the can i get Infinity the popup hows now yet It is still  and the dates when likely have move up 6 months or so latest for KA20 shows end march 2014, the box P5 is about 100yards from my front door, engineer was working on it today so i said this Infinity going on the box , he laughed never going on this box no demand, well im wanting in and have filled in the request box !. The popup still shows end march, it also shows the usual comments about technical problems, BT is be rather disingenous still showing this box if the reason is lack of demand.I understood Government policy was to have superfast broadband available over the whole country, or are BT operation an NHS style post code lottery,if the provision of Infinity is subject to a large demand , it should be made clear on the Infinity website .

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Its Openreach that do the provision work, BT and other service providers simply resell the fibre product under their own name.

There are many things that need to be done to a cabinet, including the provision of a mains power supply, which can delay things if the local electricity board is busy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thats right just tow the party line, i know all you have said, what i am getting at is BT should not be registering people for something they know is not possible, you mean to tell me that you dont know well in advance what boxes openreach will be processing in any given area ? Looking at the openreach web site it gives not contact details to make ones feelings know or seek clarification from just says ctc your ISP. Just looked at your reply again before i posted this, you just dont get my point ,according to openreach theres no demand , nothing technical just they cannot make money. pure greed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators.

When Openreach / ISPs ask you to register an interest this not to keep you happy, it is to gauge whether it is going to be financially viable to get a return on the money that would need to be spent to upgrade the infrastructure to fibre.

If there is no demand then I would say it is pretty obvious that Openreach are not going to spend money installing Fibre. They are not a charity or nationalised company, they are a commercial company who are there to make money and answer to their shareholders. Unfortunately they have a virtual monopoly so it is easy for them to do this.

At some point in the future they will probably get around to upgrading the non/less profitable areas but from a commercial point of view this will not be top of their priority list.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thank you for your answer, in view of your comments  i am now considering changing to another ISP, the main reason for using BT was the expectation that i could get Infinity, if i am not likely to i dont see why i should pay a for a second rate service

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 6 of 10

Hi, if you want a fibre connection then if BT can't offer their Infinity, then other providers cannot offer their fibre products either. If the cabinet doesn't offer fibre then that is for all providers.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Yes i know that but as im paying £46.75 pm for broadband at max 3.70 can get other ISPs offer same speed for half that

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

@O84193 wrote:

Yes i know that but as im paying £46.75 pm for broadband at max 3.70 can get other ISPs offer same speed for half that

HI, I believe by your postcode you are near kilwinning ? i am just down the road in Kilbirnie, we had the same problem , was supposed to get infinity away last spring but it did finally go live in February this year.

Looking back it was Kilbirnie and Kilwinning that were the only 2 that showed on checkers then everyone else went live before us, if you are in kilwinning i dont think you are far away from getting it as i have seen engineers working on the cabinets there. hopefully it will be available soon..

Jim

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Thanks  for your comments , my exchange is Ardrossan which is 1.4 miles away, dont have much hope of having an outcome like yours, as told to my face by an Openreach engineer, that the cabinet would "never" in his words be enable "no" demand, well i registered so there is a demand , or do they want everyone in the area to register !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

@O84193 wrote:

Thanks  for your comments , my exchange is Ardrossan which is 1.4 miles away, dont have much hope of having an outcome like yours, as told to my face by an Openreach engineer, that the cabinet would "never" in his words be enable "no" demand, well i registered so there is a demand , or do they want everyone in the area to register !

They will want more than one person to register. It costs thousands of pounds to upgrade cabinets so they want to make sure they will get a return on their investment.

0 Ratings