cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markoni
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: Very poor service

My copper wire broadband is very unreliable. At it's best the speed can reach 2.3 MBPS for short periods, but then drops to unsuable speeds below 0.015 for up to an hour. Quite often it is too slow to complete a speed check. This often happens during the early evening when people return home from work and speeds drop off during school holidays. In short the antiquated telephone network around here (West Sussex) cannot cope. Wireless broadband will be arriving in the near future and I for one am prepared to pay a bit more for a service that doesn't stop working when someone down the road switches on their computer! The BT call centre (In India?) has been a complete waste of time and as I am not getting value for money I will be ending my BT Broadband contract as soon as possible.

I was with Virgin until they dumped all telephone cable customers and their service was far more reliable. Not fast, but not slow enough to lose the server connection.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 3

Hi Markoni,

Welcome and thanks for posting.

I'm just dropping you a line to let you know that I have moved your post to start your own thread as that's the best thing to do.  Others will be along to offer advice shortly.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings