cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blisworth
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: Video Buffering - Unusable!

I may be paranoid or just wrong, but since running out of contract with bt I have found my home hub completely resetting itself and a severe buffering in YouTube videos of which I watch occasionally. I live in a village on the outskirts of northampton with the prehistoric cable which has been here since the dawn of time, so bt has the the monopoly on over 300 residents that use or require broadband. The alternative to this is small namesake company's run by bigger ones who care just that little bit less than bt for an addition cost. When bt could gain substantial profits by updated this network beggars belief . I am really not bothered anymore so many phone calls to those cheeky Indians just seems a waste of time. Never mind bt I ain't bothered.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

If you would like to post your hubstats then we can try and help you your problem is nothing to do with your contract as to a monopoly you can obtain your service from any ISP you wish that is your choice
0 Ratings
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Your speed is controlled by automatic equipment in the telephone exchange (the "DLM").  BT have very little control over this; they can reset it to it initial state, that's about it.  If there is a "punishment" setting to penalise users who have gone beyond their initial broadband contract period then this is a very well kept secret.      

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html  This link also may help Particularly the part  posted by Forum member RogerB  http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/speed_drop.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings