cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benspragg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Re: WOW! Customer service at its appalling worst!

BT Infinity which was sold as "up to" 52mps (actually get 22mps if and when it works!). the fault was escalated to level 2 8 days ago!! TBH the main issue is the customer service which if i said is disgusting i would be underselling it and after being called a liar i have to pay £420 to leave!!

Although i have since spoken to person number 12 (1st one not in India) she was very helpful but could only do so much.
18 REPLIES 18
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post lines 1-12

If you have a smart hub, the post the results from this page http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

Could you please post the results from the BT Wholesale speed checker, including the further diagnostics.

Then we can see what can be done.

This may also be helpful if you are wondering about cancellation.

Cancellation of your service will be subject to the following conditions:

• the fault must be reported within the first 90 days of your contract start date
  • speed faults will not be accepted within the first 10 days initial stabilisation period
  • all checks within your home must be completed as requested by our Helpdesk advisors
  • at least one engineer visit must be accepted if your line speed result from the BT Wholesale system speedtest* is below the Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed
  • BT is allowed up to 28 days to resolve the fault
  • you will be able to cease without penalty if BT is still unable to improve the speed measured by the BT Wholesale speedtest above your Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed.
  • the Minimum Guaranteed Speed relates to line speed only, not to download speeds.

0 Ratings
benspragg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Sorry link doesn't work. I have now been promised 2 calls from BT Tomorrow 1 from faults team about the broadband issue and one from complaints Team about the man on live chat who called me a liar and refused to let me speak to his manager.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

@benspragg

Sorry,

Link appears to have changed.

Try this instead.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

0 Ratings
benspragg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 47.2 33.4 9.2 6.5 -- Available -- --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 34.7 16.5 7.7 3.9 -- Available -- --
Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

Left in Jumper

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- --
ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

ADSL Max Up to 5 -- 3.5 to 7.5 Available -- Yes
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- Yes
Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Your connection speed should be 33 and 47mbs, unless there is an issue with your home installation or a line fault.

Line faults normally show up as noise on phone calls.

If you could please provide the rest of the information asked, when you can. Thanks.

0 Ratings
benspragg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068543+NQ60918359
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 16/06/16
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 11:59:34
6. Data rate: 6198 / 30949
7. Maximum data rate: 6198 / 25447
8. Noise margin: 5.6 / 4.9
9. Line attenuation: 22.8 / 22.5
10. Signal attenuation: 22.9 / 19.3
11. Data sent/received: 804.2 MB / 7.9 GB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

can you try connecting the hub to the test socket and repost the hub stats again

Test Socket.jpg

0 Ratings
benspragg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

I will try this tonight. but in the mean time is there anyone who can help with the fact that i have received the worst "customer Service" i have ever seen. I have been called a liar, i have been lied to, all the contact i have had with BT has been initiated by me, every time i call BT I find out the action date for my complaint has moved, i have been promised call back after call back after call back and received none, i have been told it will cost me £420 to cancel, if i could actually get to speak to someone who could do it! I have given my new mobile number to 7 people in 2 days and changed it online yet everytime i call they dont have it. I asked a live chat rep yesterday 12 times (counted on transcript) to put me through to his manager and he refused everytime and in the end ignored me until the chat disconnected. i have spoken to 12 people in 2 days yet no one seems able to either tell me anything or do anything, other than pass the buck and say someone will call me back ASAP, presumabley on the wrong number as they dont seem capable of storing my new one.

0 Ratings
benspragg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Sorry i forgot to mention that i am doing all this at work as i can't stay connected to my "super fast fibre" long enough at home because of the fault which no one has called me back about for 9 days and counting
0 Ratings