cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: Who are BT Openreach actually accountable to?

Hey ho - I understand your frustration.

We ordered a BT Infinity line (fibre to the premises) on 20 May. No show on that date, did come a day later. On 2nd June were meant to get the broadband & phone connected.

It's now the 17th June and still no sign of when we will actually get the order finished. We've had no home phone line for nearly 3 weeks.

The words "BT" & "customer care" seem to have no relationship with each other. How much time do they expect one to waste sitting around the house waiting for the engineer to show up?

We've now have 3 no-shows so far ! So who can beat that ?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
scorchio610
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

I can beat it as I had no phone for 3 months!!!! They kept saying more work needed to be done, god only knows what, and rearranging. By the end of April I could cope no more so phoned Talktalk and asked if they would have any problems to which they answered no and a line and broadband were installed 7 days later. I'm now in a fight as they won't refund the £210 that I paid during those months thinking I would have a service and say I owe them £200 for canceling it. 

Cut your losses and go with another provider is my advice.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

@scorchio610 wrote:

I can beat it as I had no phone for 3 months!!!! They kept saying more work needed to be done, god only knows what, and rearranging. By the end of April I could cope no more so phoned Talktalk and asked if they would have any problems to which they answered no and a line and broadband were installed 7 days later. I'm now in a fight as they won't refund the £210 that I paid during those months thinking I would have a service and say I owe them £200 for canceling it. 

Cut your losses and go with another provider is my advice.

Are you aware of

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/terms/telephony.html

Sections 12, 14 and 18.

Also for people in a similar position BT Retail say:

If we’re late installing your phone line

While you’re waiting for your phone service, we might be able to divert all your incoming calls to another fixed or mobile number if you want us to. If we do this, you can keep the diversion until we install your line. If your incoming calls are diverted to a mobile phone, we’ll also help with the cost of calls you make from your mobile phone. We’ll do this automatically by taking a fixed daily call allowance off your next bill. We’ll work out the call allowance by looking at the number of whole or part days we were late in installing your line or you’ve been without a service. For details of the amount of fixed daily call allowance, go to bt.com/terms. (Please note: there are some exceptions for some products, and it’s not always possible to offer call diversion.)

0 Ratings