cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: Wireless constantly dropping out on Infinity.

I have had a problem with Infinity dropping out and then restoring after a few minutes since I moved to a new property . The re installation was carried out by BT using my existing HH3. I have in the last few days upgraded to a HH5 as part of a new contract but the problem still exists , the dropping out occurring 25 times since 15/01/14. Can anyone help, please
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

There are lots of people reporting problems with the HH5 wireless, so you may be better reverting to the Openreach modem, and HH3.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

@Sevetiger wrote:
I have had a problem with Infinity dropping out and then restoring after a few minutes since I moved to a new property . The re installation was carried out by BT using my existing HH3. I have in the last few days upgraded to a HH5 as part of a new contract but the problem still exists , the dropping out occurring 25 times since 15/01/14. Can anyone help, please

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

The "new property" may indicate the issue. Can you say what sort of property it is ? There may be underlying wireless issues from all sorts of interference outside your property. It could be neighbours with timers/heating circuits etc switching that could cause issues - or of course your own.

How far away are you connecting wireless devices ? The walls may be thicker than before, or a bigger distance.

Your title says wireless dropping out, yet your text above doesn't mention wireless. Is it the wireless or the actual infinity connection ? If the latter, then my initial paragraphs are not really relevant.

0 Ratings