cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

Re: World of Warcraft latency...possible throttling issues again ?

Hi guys, I have a good connection on all my wireless devices about 40/12 on average, but I have a WDTVLive box wired to the router and it's a real pain in the what you know to have fast and reliable connection on this device. Please don't start saying it's the WD box that is faullty, it is not! I use it to watch HD TV from a Slingbox in the US, it streams fine during the day for about 5 to 6 hours, then it consistently drops at around 8-9pm everyday and it's really a pain to reconnect and get decent speeds, let alone watching HD TV. And please don't start with fair usage etc. I am on Infinity 2 and should get what I pay for! The Slingbox in the US uploads at 65Mb so this is not the issue either. I have forwarded all ports used by the slingbox and sling servers to the WDTV, put it in the DMZ, change the preferred DNS server etc.
In 2012 with so-called fibre optic, this is unacceptable, especially on a WIRED connection, I get at most 4Mb but rather about 2-3Mb and at 8-9pm it drops to ridiculous lousy speeds that I haven't seen since the 90s.
I don't want an answer from some idiot in an Indian call-center who has no clue what I am talking about, I want a real solution to my problem! Come on guys, it's 2012 and your crappy fibre optic (rather plastic optic should I call it) it's just not up to scratch!
I have invested a lot in the WD box, slingbox, subscriptions etc. and your dreadful service, I would appreciate if you can find a solution NOW, re-shape my profile or something but MAKE IT STABLE AND RELIABLE.
Your FTTC is a Joke, if this doesn't improve now, I will go to another provider regardless or cancellation fees. I heard about hyperoptic, they sound quite good to me, what do you think?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: World of Warcraft latency...possible throttling issues again ?

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
if you would please run the the full diagnostic BT speed test and post the results then we can advise you further

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings