Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IandeBures
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: broadband drops out when cordless phone is used

Many thanks, Paddy - much appreciated.

Connection has been temperamental today - frequently dropped connections until about midday; a very stable service until 5.30pm; and frequently dropped connections from 5.30pm onwards. It's almost as if there's a pattern, which makes me wonder if it relates to the local fault repair and/or cable laying currently being undertaken by BT Openreach.

I'll let you know if the instability continues late this evening.

Thanks, again.

Ian 

0 Ratings
IandeBures
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

Well, the connection has remained steady since 7.30pm, and so I'm hopeful the line has stabilised.  We shall see.  Thanks, again, Paddy, David, John and XRaySpeX, for your guidance.  I'll let you know if I suffer any further drops in connection.  Now, about the reduced speed....Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

given a stable connection your connection speed will start to increase after about 10 days
0 Ratings
IandeBures
Beginner
Message 14 of 14

Oh well.  Connection dropping frequently this morning after a day or so of relative stablility. I've replaced my Smart Hub 6 with my old Netgear D7000, and connection for the moment seems to have stabilised. (Of course. who's to say that it wouldn't have stablised even if I had left the Smart Hub in place.)

The reduced speed remains frustrating - 17/18 mbs down to 11/12 mbs.  That drop of a third makes a noticeable difference. I wonder if BT will reduce my monthly bill by a third. 🙂 

As a matter of interest, can anyone with fibre recall the condition of their connection during the Build and Connect stages of what BT calls the "Fibre Journey"?  Maybe I'm adding two and two to make five, but it's notable that BT Openreach people have been digging holes and replacing cabinets around the village at a time that coincides with my dropped connection and reduced speed. 

Ian 

0 Ratings