cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harsfoldbarn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Re: changed to Sky Q and the BT website won't accept my new viewing card number

I had the same problem last year and gave up in the end after endless conversations with BT who said it was Skys problem and Sky saying its BTs problem.  We now wish to get BT sport and once again you hang on for ever and then I have the same problem.

Can someone out there please help us as the website wont accept the viewing card number and we want to get BT sport?

Many thanks

Mary-Anne

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
JohnC2
Message 2 of 12

Hi @Harsfoldbarn Sorry you have not been able to order the BT Sport service on Sky. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details (please include your full address and sky viewing card number on the form). You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Harsfoldbarn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Hello John

quick update.  I rang BT this afternoon and another 25 minute wait.  I spoke to David in Newcastle.  Apparently there had been a billing issue on our account which related to them trying to charge us on our old number when we moved house in 2014!  We had informed BT of our house move and they failed to update the system and tried to charge us for line rental.  This is still marked on the account and it has been written off as my husband spoke to them in 2014 a number of times.  However, apparently they cannot unblock this until they have our old Sky Card viewing number!  Unbelievable.....I have rung Sky and unfortunately the system updates every time you change and so they don’t have the old viewing card numbers.  I have managed to find some old viewing card numbers in our filing but David was supposed to ring me back and surprise surprise he hasn’t done so.

this is just unbelievable.  We cannot access BT sport because of something that happened in 2014 that wasn’t our fault in the first place.  I think we will just start looking to move to another provider unless this can be sorted out? We are entitled to BT Sport and therefore in my view we should have it?

many thanks

mary-Anne

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 12

@Harsfoldbarn I'm sorry you didn't get your call back that's not acceptable, if you send in your details we'll get our TV experts to look at this issue.

0 Ratings
Harsfoldbarn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

How do I send my details to you privately please.  Now on my fourth call to BT since 330 this afternoon.....

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 12

@Harsfoldbarn You need to click on the contact the mods link that @JohnC2 to mentioned earlier. You'll get it by clicking on my username and it looks like the image below. You need to be on the full version of the website to see it.  

contact the mods.png

0 Ratings
Harsfoldbarn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Have sent all the details to you.  My order was accepted and then failed.  All in all spent 5 1/2 hours talking to BT today!

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 12

Hi @Harsfoldbarn,

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve. As discussed, the correct details have been sent to Openreach to get the data base updated so we can then get the order placed. Your call back is booked for Saturday but if you still having problems after that please get back to me and I'll chase it up for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Harsfoldbarn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Hello David.  The BT ooenreach situation has now been resolved.  The address is linked now properly.  Connor from BT this afternoon rang me to say that apparently there is a debt issue on my sky account.  We have been with Sky for 18 years and NEVER I repeat NEVER had a debt issue.  We rang Sky this afternoon and apparently there is a technical issue with BT (sounds as though this is a common problem).  It will apparently be resolved by Tuesday (Pigs might fly...). Michael a manager  from Technical Department was supposed to call he back but surprise surprise has failed to do so.  We now wish to process this through Ofcom so please let me know how we proceed.  Enough is enough.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 10 of 12

Hi @Harsfoldbarn, David is not in the office this morning so I have checked on this and the manager is due to call you today. Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings