cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 70

Re-contract on the 1st June for Free BT Home Hub 4!

http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/Showarticle.cfm?ArticleID=4E2E1EF5-FCBA-4CE4-B769-E48E0F68ACED

The BT Hub 4 will be rolled out to BT Broadband and BT Infinity packages over the coming months, starting from Friday May 10. From June, existing BT customers will be able to upgrade for free to the new hub when they take out a new contract or they can buy one at a special price of £35 including VAT from www.bt.com.

I can now confirm that from the 1st of June 2013 customers who will recontract will get a free homehub 4. 

Thank you.

Edit:

Out of Contract cost: Free

Renewing Contract cost: £35

Reminder: Remember to recontract before 1st August for free BT Sports 1 & 2 and ESPN.

0 Ratings
69 REPLIES 69
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 70

Re: Re-contract on the 1st June for Free BT Home Hub 4!

You can only recontract if you are out of contract though as I tried the other day and was told I could only do it for £35 as I was still in contract, however that £35 was spread over my phone bill so not too bad.

The homehub 4 is worth every penny of the £35 though just for the 5ghz band, you don't get many N600 routers that cheap so go for it.

Also my infinity one came with spare red and yellow Ethernet cables as well which are always handy.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 70

Have to agree that the HH4 does appear to be a better product than the HH3. In my property the siginal cetainly appears to be stronger and reaching a little further than th HH3

Shame BT did not include the provision of AC with the router, I guess that will be for teh HH5 🙂

Lee

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 70

yes, the HH4 does have a lot better wireless than most other routers out there - as for AC no point in adding it yet - no many devices support it and they reckon it's could be 2015 before mainstream

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 70

Plus have you seen the cost of current AC routers they are nearly £200, there is no way BT would add such an advanced standard to a consumer router just yet, maybe in 2015 as the poster above said.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 70

Studey I heard you got the hh4 early, you said £35 was spread over the cost of your bill, how much more did you have to pay.

Sorry if I asked you again, I can't find the other thread!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 70

I got it for £35 as advertised but my phonebill is produced every 3 months so its been spread over 3 months. Now my direct debit has gone up by around £15 a month but that will leave me around £10 in credit which i can leave on the account or claim back later.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 70

Its too bad the HH4 dosen't follow the HH3 pull up tab. I was hoping to just transfer the tab over. Just to clarify. Is there anything at the back of the HH4 tab.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 70

The hub 4 has a pull up card instead. It has the same information as the tab in the hub3.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 70

the hh4 seems to have a sort of credit card sized card on the back that pulls out with all the same info on it

0 Ratings