cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 70

Re: Re-contract on the 1st June for Free BT Home Hub 4!

Damm...... What is the specifactions for the size of the card. Might print one out to retain compatibilty with already connected devices.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 12 of 70

Why don't you just change the SSID (wireless name) and password to something unique to you and easy to remember? None of my homehubs have had the standard SSID and password ever.

Also for security reasons its recommended to change the SSID from the default BT-Homehub-xxxx anyway as you don't want the SSID to identify the device as hackers may be able to exploit this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 70

I did hear somewhere that hackers managed to get access to a Home Hub by looking at its BTHub4-XXXX and they guessed the password.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 14 of 70

If you change the SSID then hackers can't identify it as a homehub as if you fire up a wifi scanner they come up with manufacturer names. Both my homehub 3a and 4a are SagemCom, my hub 3B is a huawei, my homehub 1 and 2 are both Thomson, and next door neighbours homehub 3 identifies as an impath networks, and that's all that shows up on wifi scanners so its almost impossible to tell they are homehubs and what firmware they are running I only know that the neighbours homehub is a homehub due to the SSID and the BT wifi spots.

Mine has a custom SSID and password and BT Wifi disabled for security reasons and to make it easier for me to remember the password to enter in all my devices.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 70

Above post has some useful advice.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 70

none of my routers have the original SSID - they are all setup with the same name so can easily roam about and have 5Ghz covering most of the house

I use RT-N66U as main router, D-Link Dir 825 and HH4 as access points

I did also use a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND before it died last week

I also have turned of WPS as there is known be a security flaw with this

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 70

it's a pity new customers don't get it Man Mad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 70

New customers do get the HH4 as I just joined today and on my account states that I will be getting the HH4

Does anyone know if all the ports are 1gig or is it just the one and there others are 100mb pors

Cheers
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2759601729.png[/IMG][/URL]
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 19 of 70

Its 2x GigaBit ports 1 for WAN connection to modem and other for you to use as you see fit, and 3 10/100 ports. A bit cheap i know but i have an 8 port gigabit switch and all my wired devices connect to that instead of direct to the hub and performance is much better.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 70

Meridius

i can assure you they don't, i got connected today, my original order for infinity 2 went in on 22.05.13 and i got the HH3

0 Ratings