cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 70

Re: Re-contract on the 1st June for Free BT Home Hub 4!

I have a similar problem. However I recontracted for the sport 2 weeks ago. Despite saying I was never offered the hh4 at the time, and pointing out the press release,  they are adamant that I have to pay £35+postage.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 70

That is correct. You don't get a new Hub every time you re-contract it is only available as an upgrade to your present homehub and if you upgrade your package you also need to pay. 

It's in their Terms and Conditions. (see below) You may have been able to negotiate one if you had either gone through the options team or asked for a MAC code which would have initiated their retentions team to try and keep you as a customer.

BT Home Hub 4 – BT Home Hub 4 is available as an upgrade to existing BT Broadband customers for £35 and a £6.95 delivery charge applies. If you currently use the BT Broadband Talk service, this will no longer work with your new BT Home Hub 4. If you already have a BT Home Hub, the warranty on your current Hub will be removed once you receive your new BT Home Hub 4.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 70

Ugh another script muppet.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 64 of 70

If you don't like the answer don't ask the question!! I am just a BT customer like you. I don't work for BT.

Maybe you'd prefer it if I said yes you'll get a homehub 4 they hand them out like sweets, you were just unlucky, what a shame!

Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 70

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence are the forum moderator please. Try not to be unpleasant to those trying to help you
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 66 of 70

Hi

I recontracted last night and was told i would have to pay for new hh4 if i wanted it(was just under 3 months left on contract)

After seeing this thread i thought id call them again and point out the press release linked in this thread, gave them the link so they could see it for themselves.

hey presto new hh4 on its way for free

thanks for the info guys

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 67 of 70

Glad to hear you got one for free. You must have asked in a nicer way than somebody else on this post who never got one.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 70

Actually I asked very nicely. I work at a call centre and know that you are far more likely to get success ig you are friendly.

That said, when someone merely quotes a script, and gets snarky when they are called out about it, then they deserve everything they receive. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 69 of 70

@stoney1973 what BT number did you call was it the standard sale number or the customer options number
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 70

@john46 it was probably just the normal sales number, though I was passed through to cancellations aswell, having attempted to escalate the issue. At no point was anyone interested in what the press release said,  basically I was told it was tough luck. I could only 'get' the router for free if I had asked during my original recontracting call back in June.

I had only asked because my HH3 has ropey wifi, and so I had originally thought that asking for the new router would have been a quicker phonecall than going through to the technical department and going through all the tests I had already done.

Thanks.

0 Ratings