cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 70

Re: Re-contract on the 1st June for Free BT Home Hub 4!

Well waited for 12am 1st june checked on my account and found the option to upgrade to the HH4 £35+£6.95 P+P placed my order gives you the option to put it on your account bill or pay by card so i payed on my credit card gave delivery date of 5th june so well pleased wanted to get one before the rush and they run out changing from HH3B which had no trouble with apart from 2.4ghz congestion so just hoping the HH4 improves this from what ive read it does with 5ghz and performs better to lets hope so will report back on how things go? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 42 of 70

All BB and Infinity packages bar the 10GB BB deal are now showing a HH4 - http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages

(unless BT missed the 10GB package....?)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 70

Just ordered the BT Home Hub 4. It isn't exactly £35 as there is a £6.95 delivery charge. Ouch! But £41 for a dual-band router ain't bad!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 70

@GotCaught.

It applies for all Broadband packages I think.... I recontracted Unlimited BT Infinity 2 and now I have no more Unlimited Weekend and Evening calls for free.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 70

@Dean235 wrote:

@GotCaught.

It applies for all Broadband packages I think.... I recontracted Unlimited BT Infinity 2 and now I have no more Unlimited Weekend and Evening calls for free.

Inclusive weekend and anytime calls are now only available free to NEW customers with BT. All re contracting customers, ie loyal customers, now have to pay extra for these call packages. It is not very clear on BT webpage, surprise surprise. There is an asterisk at the top of the column about Inclusive calls and when you scroll down to the bottom of the page that's when it tells you new customers only unless stated otherwise.

See link to packages

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25633&s_cid=con_ppc_m...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 70

I took out a new 12 month contract today and was completely unaware about a free upgraded Hub. It wasn't mentioned at all, so should I be getting in touch with BT about this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 70

you can try it may however be tp late to get a free hub but they are available for £35 .00 from the BT.com website
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 70

The Home Hub 4 has a nice design but it just dosen't look right to be illustrated along with the other package pictures. (You know, the pictures representing the hub, tv, etc.) 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 70

I had an interesting conversation with the BT sales people I wanted to recontract and get a HH4.

No problem I was told you will also get a speed increase and free BT sport.

OK I said I don't want BT Sport.

He said well you don't have to watch it and it is free for a year.

I said do I have to cancel it at the end of the year because i don't want to pay for something I don't need.

He said no you will have to cancel the complete package as we will not be able to separate the Sport element.

I declined and said I would think about it.

So the question is:-

Was he telling the truth?

If he was then there is a delayed stealth price increase of £36 per year to anyone who either takes out an initial contract or renews one.

I am suspicious by nature and I don't know if anyone else has been told the same thing or have been told they will be able to cancel the Sport package at the end of the year.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 70

So I contracted to stay with BT not to get BT Sport. So will I have to pay £3 a month after that? No wayy. I don't even have BT TV.

0 Ratings