cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Re: difficult BT customer services now - no humans on duty?

I have had trouble with B T from day one, first the so called professional engineer sent to install my TVs box couldn't, gave me the wrong information and spent more time on telling me about his other job which he installed hifi ,security surveillance and iPad replacement glass,he said that l should get my hifi wires hidden and recommend up grading my speakers to Bose , he told me my iPad glass wasn't the original glass. His best statement was after he tried to set up the box and telling me to purchase bt 600 links that I should have a go at installing it as I knew my Yamaha system better than him.
Yes that was the first thing he got right.
His last words were if it's not up and running after 24 hours contact bt.
After 24 hours l tried to contact bt, from that point it probably took 16 hours on the phone either trying to get through, being put on hold, connected to other departments,bing cut off and told that if an engineer had to come out it would cost me£120 if it was my fault the box didn't work.
Took a half day to be in for the engineer. A few days later the engineer came tested the system phoned bt himself and then said it was bt problem, wait 24 hours and it would work. Finally it did.
Next problem was my iPad Pro would only contact occasionally or would lose connection but would say it was. Tried to contact bt but this time took probably 12 hours of calls and despite bt telling me it was my iPad at fault after two weeks they sorted the problem out and touch wood the bug is fixed.
Next problem I was charged £20 for a professional technical engineer to be called out on the 21st October to install my TVs box, l never called one out, no one came that day. Tried to contact bt, guess what ? 4 hours later of calls I haven't got though.
Avoid bt at all costs l am counting the days until l can leave them.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 16

Hi @Chipandgo,

I'll be able to take a look at your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Update- B.T Complaints team contacted me today and said it was an error by them and that they would refund my £20, and was I happy with that and could they no shut the complaint down. Well that sums it up really. B.T TOOK MY MONEY, I had to spend fours hours plus wait four days to finally get a reply and everything all right as far as B.T are concerned. Says it all really.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Customer care

Well thanks to B.T customer care (None what so ever ) I can't spend another six hours on the phone being put on hold, cut off, transferred, and told they will monitor the line for a week for my latest problem of drop outs, six so far today, did mention the problem on the forum in my last post but one of the mods who l must of upset as he said I was being disingenuous with my comment didn't follow it up. I think that considering the service received from B.t l was very reserved in my comments.
So I have given up on the forum as well as trying to resolve with b.t customer care .
Good luck to the many other people who have problems 😤

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Customer care

Well thanks to B.T customer care (None what so ever ) I can't spend another six hours on the phone being put on hold, cut off, transferred, and told they will monitor the line for a week for my latest problem of drop outs, six so far today, did mention the problem on the forum in my last post but one of the mods who l must of upset as he said I was being disingenuous with my comment didn't follow it up. I think that considering the service received from B.t l was very reserved in my comments.
So I have given up on the forum as well as trying to resolve with b.t customer care .
Good luck to the many other people who have problems 😤

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Re: Customer care

That was not a Forum Mod who made the comment but another customer commenting on your disingenuous comments

The forum moderators are easily recognised by the word MODERATOR under their avatar
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

The Mods do not get upset and not follow up on offers of help after the open their contact link to a forum poster
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 16

Thanks for speaking with Dave today. I can see that he's taking ownership of this for you and will do his utmost to help you going forward.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 16

Hi @Chipandgo,

I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. Can you let me know how you're getting on? How has the connection been performing for you?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings