Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Re: fibre, is it available or not!!!

Go to solution

Similar for me.......

When I moved into my new home (from a property where I had BT Infinity before) I was told that I could not have cable because the cabinet was full, but that if I took the best available aternative offer I would be upgraded as soon as Infinity/Fibre was available.....

Nothing has happened..... and before anyone says, I have "registered an interest" with Openreach. To add insult to injury, every time I log onto BT, I get a "Fibre is now available" message which, as soon as I start the order process, becomes a "Sorry, BT Infinity is not available because of where you live..." message. aaaarrrggghhh.

So it would really nice if BT could either a) stop telling me Fibre is available when it is not, or (preferably) b) do what they promise and give me an update on Fibre availability and make it happen.....

Oh, and I almost forgot - a new neighbour moved in 3 weeks ago - not an existing BT customer, but got Fibre straight away! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Go to solution

If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive. If youcan post the results. Make sure you remove your phone number prior to posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi gg30340 - thanks for reaching out......

Here is what I get.... I'm guessing the "Waiting List" lines are what I'm after?

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It would appear that the cabinet is full and is not taking orders at the moment. The capacity of the cabinet may be increased or a line may become available if some other person moves. If tat were to happen the next ISP on the waiting list would be given the line for one of its customers. 

There is nothing you can do other than to keep checking.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

OK - thanks for the help!

0 Ratings