Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puffinz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Re-issue of my old phone number

Go to solution

Is it at all possible for my old number not to be re-issued to my old address? As I had been getting unwanted, abusive calls and I dont want the people moving in to give out my new number.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Re-issue of my old phone number

Go to solution

The people moving in may be bringing their old number with them, if not, then they can ask their service provider to issue them with a new number.

The other option is to not give your new number to the people moving in, then they cannot give it out to anyone.

0 Ratings
Puffinz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I don't know if they will bring their old number with them, I can only hope they do.

I have not given them my new number but my estate agent has given them my mobile number.

I don't really want them to give out my new address to the callers either.

Was hoping BT might be able to re-issue to someone else, who would know the information.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

There is no guarentee that they are going to use BT as their service provider. Have you arranged your home move via BT?

If not, then you could simply cease your old number a week or so before you move, then it should go back into the pool of numbers, and not be re-issued.

0 Ratings
Puffinz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I ceased my number 3 weeks ago and had my broadband and phone line arranged through BT's Your move.

They are up and running fine.

It's the old number that is my concern. Has a unrecognised status if I dial it. I know the people moving in want to use BT for phone and Broadband.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Puffinz wrote:

I ceased my number 3 weeks ago and had my broadband and phone line arranged through BT's Your move.

They are up and running fine.

It's the old number that is my concern. Has a unrecognised status if I dial it. I know the people moving in want to use BT for phone and Broadband.

Its unlikely the same number would be re-issued, as it would normally go back into the pool of numbers that can be used by any service provider.

You could advise them that your old number received lots of rubbish calls, and leave it at that.