cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 23

Re: Re-joining BT .... sadly, one of the biggest regrets of my life!!

Go to solution

I will tell you this much, I have personally had dealing with SeanD and John, I have spoken with both of them over my years with BT and when they both step in Especially SeanD you can take that as a 110% Guarentee that something will move along and that things will hapeen now for you.

The Community here works well that much you can be assured sir and as your noticing if a admin/mod gets involved usually it ends up in you getting a faster responce and in turn a faster turn around to your current issues.

0 Ratings
TheGreyStrummer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

Hi everyone ....

Just a quick update of my situation, and what has occurred since my last post. I am now connected, thanks to the efforts of Robbie Mac, a true asset to BT. This is the response I supplied on request......

...."I cannot speak highly enough about Robbie Macs’ efficient and valuable help with regard to my broadband/phone connection issues. He constantly delivered his promised objectives, and I could set my watch to his arranged return calls and updates relating to my dilemma, achieving all his goals and objectives with a vigour that must be applauded. Had it not been for this intervention, I am convinced that I would still be going round in never ending circles, almost three months after my promised/arranged BT broadband and telephone connection.

I would sincerely suggest to BT, that they find and employ several more operators who exhibit the same “Customer Care” qualities as Robbie …. they could then disband their far eastern operations (a section of BT, which as a result of my personal experience, I regard as a complete waste of time and expense), saving them millions of pounds in the process. Unlike Robbie’s, their (BT India) promises of return calls either never materialised, or when they did arrive, contained news of further delays or repeated cancellations. The reason they fail to achieve many of their objectives, or alleviate the problems of customers such as myself, is that they never “follow up” any Openreach connection cancellations, or get to the root of the issues involved. I tired of their constant apologies, and very insincere appreciation of my problems, neither of which resulted in a solution … I am convinced that once I finished talking to each individual, they instantly forgot about my problem, which was then adopted by numerous other colleagues over a period lasting four weeks.

It is a sad indictment of BT’S current operational efficiency, when one has to join a forum in a desperate attempt to alleviate ones’ connection problems …. but thank God for Robbie Macs’ intervention and assistance regarding my personal issues. He is a genuine asset to BT, and should be rewarded and commended for his efficiency accordingly, please pass on my appreciation, respect, and thanks.

I would humbly suggest that BT take several courses of action to avoid losing the credibility and respectable reputation which they have gained over many years (after reading many posts within the forum, I have drawn the conclusion that I am not in a minority experiencing such problems). Namely, they should disband their far eastern operations, and place all customer issues in the hands of people like Robbie Mac (regardless of where they are located in the world), people who know what “Customer Care” really means. Also, bring Openreach to heel with regard to their shocking attitude toward customers in general. I fully believe that they (Openreach) are oblivious, or really don’t care, of the distress, inconvenience, and mental turmoil that they inflict on customers like myself.

In summary, my service should have gone live on 2/11/2015 …. even with the efficient intervention of Robbie, which commenced on 29/11/2015, this eventually occurred on 12/12/2015; it took a further four weeks to regain my original telephone number (a situation complicated by the fact that this was listed with my elderly mothers “lifeline” connection, and numerous important companies I deal with). This level of service is not, and should not be acceptable from a company such as BT …. when I changed from BT to TalkTalk eight years previous, I experienced a service downtime of just TWO HOURS and not TWO MONTHS, and I instantly retained my original telephone number.

Again, thanks to Robbie Mac for his efforts and assistance … good job, and well done!! ......"

Do I still regret re-joining BT? Only the next few months will tell......

Live as if you were to die tomorrow .... Learn as if you were to live forever. (Mahatma Gandhi.....)
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Hi TheGreyStrummer, 

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's nice to hear some good reports on the forums. I have let RobbieMac and his manager knows about this post and I am sure Robbie will be delighted to hear back from you. 

Fingers crossed all goes well from now on but you know where we are if you need us Smiley Happy

Thanks,

OlgaC

RobbieMac
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

@TheGreyStrummer Thanks for the kind words Phil.

It was a pleasure speaking with you and helping get everything done and dusted! Smiley Happy

All the best,

Robbie

TheGreyStrummer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

In answer to my own question at the end of my last post   .....

Do I still regret re-joining BT? Only the next few months will tell......

My pleasure was very short lived, but....

Yes I do!!!

Since releasing my recent update, I have experienced additional problems and inaccuracies with my contract details (which are still being sorted out as we speak), and now to add insult to injury, tonight I am expreiencing download speeds of 8.6 Mb  and upload speeds of 1.9 Mb.... I was obtaining at least 30 Mb download speed with my old basis TalkTalk provider. A check of the service in my area concluded that there are no known problems in my area.

This whole BT experience is wearing me down ..... the next 18 months are not going to pass quickly enough, so that I can release myself from the unpleasantness of this constant BT debacle......

Live as if you were to die tomorrow .... Learn as if you were to live forever. (Mahatma Gandhi.....)
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Hi TheGreyStrummer,

I'm sorry that you are still having problems.

Please post BT Home Hub 5 stats: http://192.168.1.254 > Troubleshooting > Helpdesk.

Please complete a BT Speed Test using a wired connection and post further results: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

Please post result from the BT Broadband Availability Checker and remember to delete out your phone number: http://dslchecker.bt.com

Please complete a quiet line test. Dial 17070 and select option 2. The line should be quiet.

Are you connected via a SSFP or via a microfilter in the test socket?

DavidM
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @TheGreyStrummer,

Thanks for posting. This doesn't sound good at all. I've let @RobbieMac know and he'll be in touch later today to sort it out for you.

Cheers

David

RobbieMac
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

@TheGreyStrummer Thanks again for chatting with me Phil!

I have sent you the email as agreed.

I've tested your broadband and everything is absolutely fine, thankfully!  The problems that you're having are solely a wireless issue and changing the wireless channel will get you sorted out.  Check this out - How do I change the wireless channel on my BT Home Hub 5?

Keep in mind that everyone's environment is different so it's really a case of trial and error to find a channel that works best for you Smiley Happy

All the best,

Robbie

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

if you are using wireless with hh5 this may help

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

channel 13 often works well on the 2.4ghz network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
TheGreyStrummer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks for your help DavidM....

Yes RobbieMac has spoken to me already (it's only his valuable involvement in this whole sordid experience that has kept me sane),  hopeully the problem has been resolved, he has sent me some instructions regarding the adjusment of the router etc.

Cheers once again....

0 Ratings