cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 74

Re: no phone or broadband and appalling customer service.

Go to solution

From your router stats you are still on adslmax nor infinity hence why speed is the same as before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
widders
Contributor
Message 42 of 74

Go to solution
Hi again - well now that makes sense. The chat lady said there was an open order. Passed me through to the orders people who are sorting the glitch - no idea why still an open order but their backroom techs are onto it and will sort it within 24 hours. Ever come across this before?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 74

Go to solution

Yes there have been other posts similar which get sorted out eventually sometimes with mod help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
widders
Contributor
Message 44 of 74

Go to solution
Well actually, another call and I am now being told there is a capacity issue in getting broadband to us ie. engineer's capacity to deal with the order and so we will need to wait for maybe a month to deliver the service which my neighbour now has (after refusing to pay her bill). I am flabbergasted.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 74

Go to solution

Let's see If mods can help and at least find out why delay. They will post here

widders
Contributor
Message 46 of 74

Go to solution
I'm afraid my frustration boiled over and I passed the phone to my wife. After nearly an hour she was told that they can't guarantee anything over 1 Meg (our uploads/downloads are 0.3 Meg maximum) and so they cancelled my Infinity order. We are now back on the only hub that works BT Hub 2 on the old, abysmal system. Why my neighbour is on the same pole and gets 12 Mbits is a complete mystery. So.. we are consigned to broadband purgatory. I shall be using my neighbour's BT Fon from now on!! Thanks for all your help.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 74

Go to solution

The mods will post here tomorrow and offer to help which I suggest you accept. The dslchecker showed you can get fibre with a match faster connection than adslmax.  Mods will inverstigate and help if fibre available

so check back tomorrow and ignore helpdesk

widders
Contributor
Message 48 of 74

Go to solution

Of course - although I am totally baffled, any help is welcome with this.  You've been great so thanks.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 74

Go to solution
It seems BT have changed a policy, previously they wouldn't sell 'Infinity' on lines capable of less than 15Mb, but would sell a product called something like 'faster fibre broadband' for lines capable of sub 15Mb,( I was a little surprised you said you were getting Infinity given that 12Mb is the expected sync rate) but that's no longer the case , and Infinity is presumably sold on any line that has the option of FTTC broadband....it could be that your Infinity order was cancelled in error presumably after they sent you a new home hub or perhaps it's just delayed, and although you were given a date to connect the new hub, the connection in the FTTC cab is yet to be done, ( when you said an engineer has connected you, it implied you had a home visit, but presumably you assumed an engineer had connected you in the FTTC cab , because you were told it would be done on a particular date, and that date has come and gone. If the BT Customer service Rep mentioned 'capacity' then perhaps there are no 'spare' ports in the FTTC cabinet, to connect your 'line' to...obviously if an engineer visits the fibre cabinet to connect you, but there isn't a spare port, then your connection to 'fibre' cannot be done The BT Mod should be able to provide you with a clearer understanding of what the issue is...and what can be done to resolve, assuming you still want to continue
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 74

Go to solution

The dslchecker results less than 14 days ago showed FTTC available but could have changed. 

@widders Can you run the dslchecker again and see if FTTC still available

0 Ratings