cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Re software update dely

Lots to do with it. BT have clearly said that the software rollout will begin from Nov 6th. If people are getting in a flap because they havent received it yet then they need to chill, the update is coming.

0 Ratings
Lime21
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Just tryed manual update, nothing still in the southeast.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

@Lime21 wrote:

Nice Ninja edit Essex boy lol

Nothign here either (Notts) but I doubt this update is geographical anyway.

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 18

@wwwebber wrote:

@Lime21 wrote:

Nice Ninja edit Essex boy lol

Nothign here either (Notts) but I doubt this update is geographical anyway.

It would seem the trial boxes are getting updated first as a few people on the youview forum have confirmed theirs was updated either last night or the night before.

0 Ratings
TheBlade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

@miket101 wrote:

It would seem the trial boxes are getting updated first as a few people on the youview forum have confirmed theirs was updated either last night or the night before.

Was this a specific BT trial, as opposed to the Youview trial?

0 Ratings
deanwade
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

Blind leading the blind here.

BT said previously that they had no control over the update as it was a YV issue, now apparently they do have influence.

Bombay told me today that a re-tune would fix the channel dropping problem, whatever next!

For a communications company it never fails to surprise me just how bad BTs internal communications are, does anybody get the memo's ???

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 18

@deanwade wrote:

Blind leading the blind here.

BT said previously that they had no control over the update as it was a YV issue, now apparently they do have influence.

I would think it is YouView who control the sending out of updates, but of course BT can say stop, if there is a problem. Don't forget that BT is a partner in YouView. They will have support contacts in both company's, who they will liase between.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

BT have lied and lied on this issue.

The October update was said to start on 31/10, nobody with a BT supplied box got it.

A few days after the roll out started BT said That their boxes will start updating on 6/11.

I asked if BT were blocking the update and the answer from BT was a definite no.

6th came and still no update.

BT say they have found a mysterious bug and BT customers cannot have the update.

It's now mid November and we still haven't got the October update. I am paying a monthly fee for a service that said I could receive Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. As I do not get DD 5.1 I am not getting what I paid for.

I have asked for a refund/credit for this and got an email back saying it's not BT fault but Youview who are holding the update back (even though on these forums BT have said they have halted the roll out)

I would like a straight answer not lies that are easily shown to be lies. I would also like the service I am paying for. This on top of failed engineer visits to install Infinity FTTP really makes BT look like amateurs.

0 Ratings