cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Reactivate deleted email account - Surely by now it is available again

Hi

I had an email subaccount that I registered ready to use in the future. I hadn't realised that if it was not used for 90 days that BT would suspend it. I have tried to reinstate it since, but there is no option in my "manage sub accounts section"

Several calls (and hours) and the usual helpdesk people just keep tellling me that I either a) can't ever restore it or b) after a period of time it will come back into use and I can re register the email address. I have been trying for over 6/7 months to reregister it, possibly longer, but it keeps telling me it is in use.

It is extremely unlikely the email address in question would have been registered by anyone else, as it is my company name of which there is only us in the UK.

Any options please Mods?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Reactivate deleted email account - Surely by now it is available again

@trevxjr wrote:

Hi

is my company name of which there is only us in the UK.

Is this a business account, as it would be very unwise to use a consumer grade e-mail sevice for running a business, apart from the fact that it would be against BT Residential T&Cs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

I hadn't realised that. We'll continue to use our other "proper" business email then. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The Residential T&Cs also preclude the use of the phone and broadband account for business use.

If you want a service, with a proper SLA (Service Level Agreement), and business grade e-mail service using btconnect in conjunction with Office365, then BT Business Phone and BT Business broadband is the way to go.

0 Ratings