cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Reactivating email address deleted by BT

I'm just trying to reactivate my daughters email address which has been deleted as it has not been used in the last 90 days.

When I log in to MY BT it does not appear as one of the associated email addresses.

When I try to open a new account with the same address it says the address is taken.

Is there some further guidance available

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Reactivating email address deleted by BT

When was the email account last used? 

The email account is suspended if not used within 90 days and can be re-activated up to 60 days thereafter then it is deleted permanently and can not be re-activated and the address can not be re-used.

The email address will show as having been taken because it can not be re-used.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi 

The email address was deleted on the 21st July 2021, so within the 60 day period, but as stated it doesn't appear in the list of secondary addresses in My BT and therefore I don't know what the method is to reactivate it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Was the email account set up on your present BT Broadband account?

Was the email account  "gifted" to your daughter which would mean she should have her own MyBT which she can log onto with her own BTID? If so can she log onto her MyBT and see if she can access her email account by going to "Your Products" then "Email, manage" ?

If it was not "gifted", when you log onto your MyBT and go to "Your Products" then "Mail, manage" can you go to your  "Favourite Mailbox" which should be your main email account. 

This should open your email account. If you then click on your username at the top right you should be offered the option "switch account". Is your daughter's email address showing and if so can you switch to it?