Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PodgePapin
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Real slow speed

For a few days my connection has been very slow that i can barely browse the web let alone do anything else. I followed the help, changed the filter and reset the router (which is a Belkin). Nothing has changed with my setup and my router should have a d/l speed of around 4000kbps but its dropped to under 300kbps, if i reset my router it goes back to about 3000kbps but in reality its still at 300kbps. Our phone has seemed intermittent too. Im on unlimited broadband. I do watch videos, some hd, and play games and get a lot of big game demos and updates on my 360 and pc. I try not to download between 4pm and 12am. my exchange is EMBELPE.
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
PodgePapin
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: Real slow speed

Here are the current adsl stats

Data rate(Kbps)        3008Kb    448Kb

Noise Margin        18    21

Output power(dBm)        123    189

Attenuation(dB)        51    29

I've just tried a speed checker and after about 3 minutes waiting for it to start it eventualy said current throughput 136kbps then said an error occured.

0 Ratings
rogil
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

This sounds like the same issue I am currently having. For me this only started 2 days ago, but its so severe I can't use the internet at all during peak hours.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/4500k-IP-Profile-less-than-350kbps-throughput/...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Hello PodgePapin,

You should plug your Router into the test socket behind the master socket faceplate. To do this you will need to remove the two small screws on either side of the master socket. This will eliminate any wiring problems in your house.

You should then post your new ADSL stats up here again.

You should also perform a speedtest at

http://speedtester.bt.com

and copy and paste the full output of that into this Thread.

If you still have the HomeHub you got when you signed up to BT Broadband it would be worth plugging that into the test socket too to find out what the connection speed/ADSL stats are too! Post those up here as well.

If you get all/some of that information, the gurus/Mods here might be able to help you.

0 Ratings
PodgePapin
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

I started another test in the master socket and the issue with with it is the same. The configured throughput is still 135k, The router info was the same, i forgot to save it before  plugging in the homehub.

if the configured throughput is 135k would that mean that our line has been turned down from the exchange?

I can't run another test for 1 hour so i'll post the results from the homehub 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

if your profile was 135 that is rock bottom. to get it to rise you need to stay connected to the internet 24/7 for 3/5 days and the profile will rise to match your speed as shown here  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm

connecting to your test socket should give your best connection as that is direct to the exchnage.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hello PodgePapin,

You need to copy the *actual results* of the test into this message. Copy all the information that you are given from the below test:

http://speedtester.bt.com

This will tell experts on the forums whether you have been Profiled down to a lower speed.

0 Ratings
PodgePapin
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

I can't copy data as it keeps coming up error after the first test, i'll use another browser.

0 Ratings
PodgePapin
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Just tried again with latest IE browser and BT Homehub 2 (i think). Same results, it failed to send results to server. heres what it said.Also, my router is on and connected 24/7

The Performance Tester could not perform Assured Rate throughput test , Please try again later.

Thats 3 times now. Once with front plate on and twice with Master socket, once with Belkin router in MS and once with HH. Our phone has been going odd too on and off. Test run twice in latest Opera browser and once in latest IE browser.

This is what the homehub says

Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 1:24:01

Modulation: G.992.1 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 4,224

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 1.94 / 22.25

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 19.5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 28.5 / 51.0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 19.0 / 14.0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 5 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote): 0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 27 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 265,995

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 5,884

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 4,942

Line Profile: Interleaved

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

if your phone is noisy try the quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2   should hear nothing no hiss or crackle and best done with a corded phone if possible.

have you tried connecting to the test socket and leaving it for a few days?  your connection time is only 1hr+ and to get your profile to rise you need to maintain your connection 24/7 for 3/5 days.

If you are using IE9 then you need to switch to compatibilty mode for the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings