Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 73

Really Bad Lag problems with Fifa 13 PS3

Hi all,

Until recently I have had no problems with my internet for over 2 years but recently I am having really bad lag problems with PS3 Fifa 13.

95% of the games recently have been very laggy and the game feels totally unresponsive.

I have checked my ping and its 18ms to different servers, my download speeds are fine.

I have used the EA ping tool and it was fine.

I have moved the PS3 to DMZ.

The PS3 is connected via LAN cable.

I have forwarded all recommended ports.

I have rebooted the router a few times.

The problem still persists.

Can someone from BT please look at my connection and see if there are any issues as this is the primary use for my internet conenction.

Many thanks....

0 Ratings
72 REPLIES 72
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 73

Re: Really Bad Lag problems with Fifa 13 PS3

Is normal internet usage affected, such as on your main computer? Normal internet usage such as YouTube, email etc. On your computer run this test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ After the first test is done, go down to the bottom and click on Further Diagnostics. Also what broadband package are you on?

Also. I have heard that EA servers use P2P. Meaning xbox to xbox, computer to computer. P2P bassically means its downloading from a wide range of computers to get information. Each computer or console has bits of information and it will share it to other consoles/computers. BT do throttle P2P on standard packages, but if you go on Tottally Unlimited, P2P will become unthrottled, please wait 10 days for changes to take effect.

Another thing, EA servers are known to bbe bad as well, so it could be to do with EA's end.

You can also set up port forwarding through the BT Home Hub 3. For Game and Application set it to PS3 and then to the right device.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 73

Having a quick search on google seems to suggest it's an ongoing issue with the game.. There are some tips and hints on how to fix it including router settings (port forwarding,nat setting etc.) to deleting files from your PS3 ..

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fifa+13+ps3+lag&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:offic...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 73

thanks for your replies

Im on the BT Infinity Unlimited Option 2 package.

I have tried the different things to with port forwarding, deleting thinsg etc...  I even reformatted my PS3, put a new hard drive in PS3 - reset it - still same issues,

Other sites are fine - I dont play any other games so cant comment on there performance.

All I know this was fine for months and started occuring for around 1 month now.

Can BT do some sort of checks when I play game or analyse my connection??

I know its P2P with some sort of connection to EA - every game I ask if the other person suffered any lag and they reply NO.

Thanks  again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 73

Hmmm.... Not much I can do. There are somethings which could be causing it but its unlikely. It could be to do with cabinet congestion or the exchange is being overloaded. But if you had eiter of them all other internet services will be affected. It could be that it is just happening now and it will dissapear 2 days later.

I f you want you can contact the fourm mods, give them at least 3 working days to answer.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

They are a UK Based team which have a high record of getting things sorted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 73

thanks ive emailed them - hopefully can get some analysis done - ive tried everything i can do 🙂

if it was everyone i played had the same kind of problems i would have been happier - but other people in uk are fine and they said the games were fine vs them whereas for me it was terrible

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 73

still havent heard anything from them

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 73

Well I am still getting the problems - I have now exchanged my PS3 for a new one thinking it may be that........ cost me £80

Still getting lagging and stuttering on 95% of online games in Fifa 13.

This used to be fine so something weird must be going on and I want it sorted. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 73

As you are no doubt aware this is an ongoing problem and has been since the game came out.

A quick search of the Internet shows that people from around the world are having the same problem so that would rule out it being a BT problem. In the UK people from all the ISP have complained about it including people on Virgin so that again rules out the BT wires.

It is more likely a problem with either the game being badly written, the games servers, the way the game connects to the internet or the PS3, although PC's also seem to have the same problem so that would tend to point the problem at the games servers or the game itself.

I don't think you will find a fix for it until Fifa 14 comes out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 73

no thats complete **bleep** - i know a load of people who dont have this problem...

I am not just saying its JUST a BT problem.

0 Ratings