Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DGR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Really SLOW broadband

Go to solution

Hi,

My broadband has been runnng really slowly since Friday afternoon (just over 24 hours) - my usual 5-6Mbps download speed is down to 80kbps (!!) - upload speed is around normal, at 0.25Mbps.

There is no mention of any problem on the service status page, or on the usertools website.  I've e-mailed BT this morning - but I've not heard anything back yet, and it doesn;t appear on the status pages.  Does anyone know how long it takes for a problem to get investigated?

The exchange is in Barmouth, Wales - area code - 01341 ...

Ta,

DGR...

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
DGR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 22

Re: Really SLOW broadband

Go to solution

These are the details from the ADSL Details/Staus page on the HH - it's a white one, V1.0?.

Link Information

Uptime:0 days, 3:04:06
Modulation:G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:448 / 8,128
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:7.37 / 62.61
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:12.0 / 17.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:7.5 / 17.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:21.0 / 12.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 28
HEC Errors (Up/Down):0 / 16
Line Profile:Fast

A BT  brand

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

you have an 8mb connection and stats look ok.  can you run btspeedtester and post the results.  Have you been resetting the router to try and improve your speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
djsisson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution
hmm whats this another user who has the exact same problem, full speed line sync but sub 400 kbps download speed

it's a conspiracy i tell you!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution
looks like a possible hot ip profile is
issue but after the speed test we will have a better idea

djsisson coiuld you please post a bt speedtest result on your original post as well please speedtester.bt.com
0 Ratings
djsisson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

my original post is here http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/speed-is-terrible/m-p/128227#M61018

there have been no line faults found and no problems at the exchange or between the exchange and my house an engineer is coming out on monday to check my wiring.

but my instinct tells me the nubmer of people reporting hte same problem i.e. full sync but abysmal download speeds all at roughly the same time tells me that something else is going on.

0 Ratings
DGR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

I've just run BTspeedtester,

Upload 780kbps, download230 kbps.

It's a bit weird that so many people are having ths issue...

0 Ratings
mungy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

Something is definitely not right. I rely on the internet to stay in touch with friends as I am more or less housebound and right now it is frustratingly slow.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
DGR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

I didn't reset it to try and clear the fault - but I needed to reconfigure my BT Vision plug-in-adaptors because they died earlier today - so I had to switch of the HH. 

The good news is the plug-in things are now working (BTVision help were very good!!) but the home hub is as slow and ponderous as before.

D...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution
what did the test say the ip was on the test it would be best if you ran the test again later and pasted the full results here the ip profile is the vital information needed
0 Ratings