Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AvidExpert
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Really bad infinity speed.

Well it looks like my excitement and hope got the better of me, here is a timeline of events.

30th September - Infinity installed @ 25-38 mb fluctuation 10 ms ping internet is great throughout the day

1st October - Infinity is @ 20-30 mb fluctuation - 26 ms ping internet is still good

2nd October - Infinity is @ 12-30 mb fluctuation - ping is fluctuation riducluously

3rd October - Infinity is @ 1-2 mb fluctuation - Ping is back to 26 internet applications running badly.

=\

P.S. My upload speed has remained a consistent 5-8 mb throughout all of this.

*EDIT* Also if this is any help the Openreach modem ethernet port at the back is flashing orange very fast.

One of the green lights on top is flashing green constantly too.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
AvidExpert
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Really bad infinity speed.

BUMP

Could someone please give me any information as to what this could be, I don't think it's noise as there has been no change to anything near the Router/line since we got the connection in.

0 Ratings
AvidExpert
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I just talked to my brother who was up at 6 and he siad the internet was fine at that time, he was downloading @ 3-4 megs a second, could it be that Bt is throttling me?

0 Ratings
AvidExpert
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Anyone?

0 Ratings
wezlyons
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

It's not just you mate.

My experience with infinity has been pretty dismal so far.

I've had it for three weeks and two of those have been spent with speeds less than my old ADSL connection.

Here's my thread on the subject

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/BT-Infinity-Slower-than-my-old-ADSL-connection/td-p/50960

So far I have had an email from someone at BT telling me someone from the Infinity team would be getting in contact with me.

That was five days ago, so far no contact.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
thesimo
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

what exchange are you on? It is expected that contention in the exchange will be more prominent with 40mbit packages like inifnity.
0 Ratings
Mad_scientist
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

As infinity will not let us see the line stats (really annoying loss of feature that BTW) we are totally in the dark when it comes to trouble shooting. If your IP profile on infinity (as shown on speedtester.bt.com) falls below 8 Mbps BT is supposed to acknowledge there is a problem. People told me this fault rate was 15 Mbps but BT quoted me 8 Mbps down the phone.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi Avidexpert & Wezlyons

Looks like you both have an issue and we can help, can you send your BT account and telephone number to forum.moderation.team@bt.com and include your forum username plus a link back to this thread. If you put 'Infinity Speed' in the suject line of the email we'll fish these out and get you some support.

Cheers

Nigel

BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings