Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mason
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Really getting annoyed now.

Been with BT for the best part of 5 years now. Not had many problems before.

About a couple of months ago my speed dropped to 1mb, which was rather annoying but it sorted out within a month and went back to my usual 8mb - 10mb speed. However for the past 2 and a half months now i've constantly been running at 3,023 Kbps so I did the same as last time, restarted my router, left it on for over a week. No change. I changed the channel to the reccomended 7 or 11. Still no change. So i left it for a while hoping it would sort itself out. 2 and a half months later it has still not changed.

Frankly i'm getting really p****d off now and i am thinking about changing my broadband provider if this doesnt get sorted out ASAP.

Uptime:9 days, 3:59:46
Modulation:G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:828 / 3,023
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]:1.34 / 18.59
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:12.5 / 22.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:10.5 / 25.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:11.5 / 24.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):10 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):7,877 / 14,822
CRC Errors (Up/Down):2,439 / 9
HEC Errors (Up/Down):83 / 8
Line Profile:Fast

Ta in advance, Joe.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Really getting annoyed now.

can I ask if you received an email from BT about your exchange being upgraded to 21CN about 2.5 months ago?

It looks like your exchange has been upgraded hence your modulation of 992.5 but that your line has not been upgraded.  I would send an email to the mods with your account and phone number and a link back to this thread and ask to be upgraded to adsl2  forum.moderation.team@bt.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mason
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I can confirm that I have received no email from BT about my exchange being upgraded.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Then I would email the mods as I suggested and see if they can help.  Some have had to agree a new contract before they were upgraded to adsl2.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Is his up bandwidth of 828 an indication  he's line is upgraded and is not the modulation shown in stats his line modulation ? 

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@hamish72 wrote:

Is his up bandwidth of 828 an indication  he's line is upgraded and is not the modulation shown in stats his line modulation ? 

Hi hamish72

there have been previous posts on the forum where the modulation has changed to 992.5 with the change in upload speed but with download still on adslmax level.  either getting mods involved or phoning sales and agreeing a new contract appear the solution to getting download upgraded

0 Ratings