cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottyboi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 104

Re: Really poor speeds from 6pm through to 1am EVERY day

No it isn't, it's a vague "Next month sometime" reply. They've basically said that my broadband might be fixed at the beginning of the month or if not it should be fixed by the end of it...

That last possibility is a month and a half away and i've already had this problem for 2 weeks, if not more, easily.

0 Ratings
Grassisalwaysgreener
Contributor
Message 22 of 104

@john46 wrote:
It sounds like the same problem as Scottyboi has it will be dealt with by BT Wholesale as quickly as is possible this problem affects multiple providers there is no point in contacting BT Retail your provider as this part of the network is out side their control

Thanks for the reply john46,

How do I raise this issue with BT Wholesale?

0 Ratings
Scottyboi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 104

The weekend is here \o/

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 104

@Grassisalwaysgreener wrote:

@john46 wrote:
It sounds like the same problem as Scottyboi has it will be dealt with by BT Wholesale as quickly as is possible this problem affects multiple providers there is no point in contacting BT Retail your provider as this part of the network is out side their control

Thanks for the reply john46,

How do I raise this issue with BT Wholesale?

You can't contact BT Wholesale. It will only bounce you back to your retail supplier.

You have to use your ISP as an intermediary. That's the law.

0 Ratings
m1ssed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 104

0 Ratings
m1ssed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 104

I'm in the exact same position as you - horrific peak time speeds, lack of support from BT, lies about phoning me back with an update, etc, etc. I know of 4 other people connected to my exchange on BT infinity who are experiencing the same problems and also struggling to get anywhere with BT support.

Sky and TalkTalk are the only LLU operators on my exchange and I know both aren't experiencing any peak time capacity problems. Sky have offered me £100 toward buying me out of this awful service and return to them (they have given me 4 years of flawless FTTC service) however it's going to got me £270 to get out, which I feel is unfair considering they are not giving me what I am paying for!!

0 Ratings
steve1k
Contributor
Message 27 of 104

I know just how you feel im in the same boat as you worst thing is not long renewed my contract so will cost me a fortune

to get out.........and they know it. So they know thay got you. Man Mad  

0 Ratings
Scottyboi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 104

I'm waiting to see how this "Fix" goes next month sometime that they've said is gonna happen. If it doesn't improve after that then BT will just be adding to their poor portfolio. Virgin are being very tempting right now to me as my neighbour is with them and gets no slowdown at all during peak times.

0 Ratings
m1ssed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 104

please post back on the forums if they do fix the problem
0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 104

@steve1k wrote:

I know just how you feel im in the same boat as you worst thing is not long renewed my contract so will cost me a fortune

to get out.........and they know it. So they know thay got you. Man Mad  

Check with the regulator's terms and conditions, and perhaps few consumer websites. BT will scream, but if your service is seriously worse than promised it won't have a leg to stand on if you pull out.

0 Ratings