cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 61 of 104

Re: Really poor speeds from 6pm through to 1am EVERY day

well they can email me then.

If BT got there finger out and sorted the problems you wouldnt have people leaving  

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 104

Same issue here. Fine during the day (~52mbps), down way under 10mbps in the evenings and flakey as hell. I've done all the testing with BT, but I work in IT and had done a shed load of testing beforehand. The symptoms really do make it look like a capacity problem - but I just cannot believe it could be that dramatic. Also the timing is suspect is it not? A lot of people seem to say this is a recent thing as it is for me.

Wateringbury (Kent) exchange.

For the record, whilst contention issues do happen with all providers, I'm pretty sure this is something else. I've been with Sky for the last year+ on their FTTC offering with zero issues, and BT Infinity 2 before that again with zero issues. My gut is that something else is up but I just don't know what!

Nobody should be being fobbed off, or made to think that this level of service degradation is acceptable because it simply isn't.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 63 of 104

Here here ir0n.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 104

I'm trying to find the page on BT Wholesales website where i saw this info but it's down to BT themselves to monitor capacity on their rented exchanges and order more space when nearing cap, so it's purely BT Retails fault for overcrowding exchanges and not ordering more capacity to be installed/upgraded. I'll post the link when i find it again.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 65 of 104

I recently moved hourse and now struggling to get above 5mbps download every single day.  I am getting fobbed off at every turn.  It has been 3 weeks and my bill for £130 connection fee is due to be paid.  What would be the implications of me cancelling my direct debit for this payment?

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 104

I got a mobile call today from BT.

Before I state what was said, let me quote you the small print text from the confirmation email I requested;

This email contains BT information, which may be privileged or confidential. It's meant only for the individual(s) or entity named above. If you're not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you've received this email in error, please let me know immediately on the email address above. Thank you. We monitor our email system, and may record your emails. British Telecommunications plc

So, to paraphrase;

They were sorry (not effin sorry enough, but I was calm).  BT Wholesale has admitted their service is sh*t due to a congestion issue with the SVLAN I am connected to.  BT Wholesale will look into it on Saturday, and BT will then get back in touch with me.

So, buck firmly passed after they've sold me a pup!

They shouldn't be able to sell a service that isn't proven to be working.

They should check that there is available capacity from BT Wholesale BEFORE they sell it.

It isn't just me is it?  THIS COMPANY IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE, and has now provided me with the evidence!

They constantly stated the issue was with me.

I am constantly urging people to not go with BT, and cannot wait for the year to be over.  Even if it's more expensive, I will be moving in 11 and a bit months time.

ADDED - Speed tonigh on superfast broadband? 4.54 Mb/s download, 9.14 Mb/s upload.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 67 of 104

Call I had this afternoon with BT complaints guy pretty much stated that my exchange was over sold, they had raised it with BT Wholesale over a week ago, they are waiting for them to act, there is nothing they can do until BT Wholesale decide to do something if they ever do.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/10/02/sky-calls-for-government-help-as-bt-resists-openreach...

The break up of BT cant happen soon enough.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 104

Whelp, 06/10/2016 when most of the people in my area apparently should have seen our service improve and it's still rubbish... guess it's another MONTH(!) of this... and while the above post notes that it's bt wholesale that has to upgrade the boxes it's BT Retail who continue to sell slots on already overcrowded exchanges... they shouldn't have only just noticed this problem a week ago for you, they should have forward planned "Ok guys we have a big push on advertisement and offers now... how does our exchages look?" "Overcrowded almost everywhere Boss!" "Hmm ok, lets leave it until people complain and then we'll act on things... then WE'LL be seen as the good guys!" I can pretty much believe this is how BT management works...

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 104

Hi @Grassisalwaysgreener,

I've checked this with wholesale this morning and they've confirmed that a fix was deployed on 07 October 2016. Can you try running the speed test later this evening and post the results? I've dropped you an email so get back to me and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 104

DavidM,

I've just seen your email (I don't have my set up to get them immediately).

I did a download speed test last night (Youtube was buffering) and at 20:18 download speed was 4.67 Mbps, upload was 8.65 Mbps.

0 Ratings