cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
L7S
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 26

Really scared of joining BT again...

I was with BT internet a few years back and I had an issue with my internet that BT could not even try to assist me! I spend hours on the phone to the indian call centres to no avail, god it was the worst experience of my life trying to get BT to help or let me leave them.

Now BT Inifinty looks good but BT customer service is the worst in the country as so many have told me from their experiences and my own!

Do many people get disconnections issues with their infinity? how is BT customer service now? has it improved!

I really cannot bear signing up to an 18 month contract with BT knowing what issues I will be facing if I have any techinal problems 😞

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Razorman
Contributor
Message 2 of 26

Re: Really scared of joining BT again...

Dont be scared, Be Afraid, Be very afraid.....

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 26

Yet I have had no problems  and the transfer was quick and painless and am more than happy with the service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 26

I have to agree with pippincp.

I have no probs with the BB or phone and transfer went smoothly.

I am sure you get good and bad reports from any ISP/communications company and the bigger they are the more reports you get.

I will say 1 thing though, you tend to only hear the bad reports.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MedicUK
Contributor
Message 5 of 26

If your just looking for a bit more speed and you dont have problems with your currant supplier, stay where you are dont take the risk.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 26

@MedicUK wrote:
If your just looking for a bit more speed and you dont have problems with your currant supplier, stay where you are dont take the risk.

The op was looking at Infinity, yes he might be able tro get a fibre connection from another ISP, but I believe these are off the BT Infrastructure anyway, and MOST othe rfibre providers are charging quite a bit more than BT.

It is all about what you want and what you are prepared to pay for it.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
NinjaZXR
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

The OP is concerned about customer support

A lot of people are saying here that they don't have any problems,that's good.

I hope they never need to call India.

But If you have major problems like myself and others, customer services is still the worst ever to deal with.

0 Ratings
ballycarryzoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 26

I do not blame you for feeling afraid.  I ordered BT infinity as the broadband I have now is extremely slow.  I placed the order 25th March, hub arrived as scheduled but the engineer never arrived to install it.  This has happened on two separate occassions now.  They do not call to say they are not coming, so a day off work for nothing.  BT have now cancelled the order for reasons they can not tell me!  Trying to place a new order at the moment.  Hope I have some luck!! Rant over haha

0 Ratings
ballycarryzoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

after posting my complaint on the forum here, a moderator contacted me. Within a few days he had the issue of my order cancellation all sorted and a new appointment was made when i got through to a lovely lady at the infinity ordering team. The engineer came a week later and we are up and running. happy days πŸ™‚
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 10 of 26

Just goes to show problems can be sorted.

Glad you are enjoying it now.

0 Ratings