cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
loxleyb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 32

Re: Really slow broadband all of a sudden.

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:12:08
Downstream6,912 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.8 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)21.0 dB / 11.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)19.8 dBm / 12.5 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)1 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)223
I am quite worried that the connection time never seems to reach a full day. I can only assume thats because the line is broken?
Speedtester didn't work, said donwload speed 114kbps and nothing else no line speed ip profile etc.
I also tried Speedtest.net but I never trust any of these online download speed calculators as they only seem to tell you the peak speed which is often an anomaly rather than give you an accurate result through calculating an average speed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 32

your stats look ok - speed could be faster but still ok

you need to try btspeedtester - not beta version - and post the results to show profile.  the download speed is wrong as mine was 9kbps this morning but other details are ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
loxleyb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 32

by what stretch of anyones imagination is that DL speed ok? we are not even a mile from the exchange!!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 32

bearing in mind the max you can get is 8128 your current speed is not that low but will improve and should reach the max once you get a stable connection. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
loxleyb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 32

Download speedachieved during the test was - 317 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600 Kbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :6.91 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 6 Mbps

The IP profile and DSL connection rate have changed from what they had been for the past 5 years to what they are currently, my only dilemma is that our exchange has no LLU presence if it did, well, hello BE!!

BT don't seem to care at all for semi-rural customers as long as they can get away with charging us full price for a substandard service at the best of times. Then it gets problems which they cannot rectifiy when given over a week then nothing will ever change I am afraid, and when it comes to try and complain you get sent round in circles by some idiot on the end of the phone asking if you are using wireless have you changed the filters does your main phone socket unscrew so the bottom half comes off blablabla... Do they not have a log of my previous calls when I have wasted hours of my time going through this pointless nonsense when they have acknowledged that there is a line fault!!!! Send a **bleep** engineer!!!!!

It is about as much as the broadband can currently handle to post to this forum let alone use it for any work I might need to do. And heaven forbid that I should try and stream a youtube video!! Even in 240p it takes well over 5 minutes to buffer a few seconds of video. I would be better off on dial-up for all the good BT customer services do me!

0 Ratings
loxleyb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 32

but the line is broken. So it will never stabilise. It has been like it for over a week now!!!! The hub has only be turned off once in that time so that cannot be a contributing factor in why it is going so slow

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 32

the connection speed should improve back to the max which will give a profile of 7150.  at present btspeedtester is reporting incorrect download speeds - mine was 9kbps this morning.  your speedtester link did not work for me

0 Ratings
loxleyb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 32

but how can it improve if after 7 days it has just gotten worse? there is a BT acknowledged fault on the line but nothing is being done about it!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 32

Hi try  working through these links and suggestions and see if you connection improves 

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/speed/Speed.html

also post your full hub stats details shown in this link http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/others/adslstats.html

Can you also post the full results fromBT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket  Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
loxleyb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 32

Ok, so I used the broadband this morning to do a speed test and the results looked positive. Tried again an hour later and we are bck to square 1. 

Additionally my line has now developed noise when I do the quiet line test. I tried one about a week ago and there was no noise, but, there is an intensifying buzz on the line that seems to pulse and click on occasions

0 Ratings