cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Really slow fibre speed

Hi hope someone can advise I have tried the problem checker / tried contacting online and by phone !

I have had fibre for a month or so and now my speed has dropped over the last couple of days to almost none existent.

Upload faster than download and that's at 10 meg !!

Can somebody please put me in touch with the correct department or way of doing so. So far no luck.

Thanks in advance
Pete
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Really slow fibre speed

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Then, if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post lines 1-12

Or post the information from the smart hub, using this link.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Firmware version: SG4B10002244
Firmware updated: 08-Feb-2017
Serial number: +084319+NQ64340970
Downstream sync speed: 47.73 Mbps
Upstream sync speed: 8.64 Mbps
Network uptime: 0 Days, 22 Hours 48 Minutes
System uptime: 0 Days, 22 Hours 51 Minutes
BT Wi-fi status: Not active
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

This is what I got ?

No ideal what it means but the test pages keep failing ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Connected at 47.73meg.

Can you run a test with a wired connection?

Is it only at night time you notice the speeds slow down?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Speed it rubbish all day check it at lunch time and Tonight my fibre speed is 12-13 meg rubbish up load is quicker !!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Wired or wireless?

Your upload is not quicker than 12meg.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

I have emailed and called and used the online help but no luck. Stayed on phone for 30 mins today at work - ran out of time. Very quick to take up a sale BT very slow at faults. - all getting a bit boring I have 4 mobiles with BT all the TV and fibre internet - I feel not for much longer if someone does not get in touch. Thanks for your input so far I followed the help I. The router section but the test page just kept defaulting to test again YOUR line or raise a new fault and could not get past that bit - I wish I had logged all the time so far spent and still no contact ?? Thanks again Pete.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

If you're not prepared to run the tests, we can be of no help.

You need to run the further diagnostics test at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com using a computer connected to the hub directly via Ethernet.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Hello All - Thanks Webby. Same again I am affraid back down to 13 -15 meg and going round in circles with customer care !

Any contacts or further help would be super. Thanks in advance.
Pete
0 Ratings