Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haribo
Contributor
Message 41 of 49

Re: Receiving SS1 & SS2 without BT Infinity

@pottyperson wrote:

@Haribo wrote:

Why was spending a billion pounds on sports rights more important than actually upgrading the exchanges to infinity?

Because it was a business decision by BT. Some of us like it, some don't, and some couldn't give a monkey's.

Although this is essentially a customer help forum, there is room for expression of opinion and at times that has produced some interesting debate. But you are to a tiresome degree treating it as a place to squeak about every aspect of BT services that doesn't suit you, and it's clear from comments elsewhere that I'm not alone in thinking that it's getting in the way of some of the forum's core function. Please exercise a little more discretion and avoid sparking debates more suited to Farcebook and Twatter.

If I am breaking any rules then feel free to report me to the moderators.

Meanwhile, as you have expressed such a view about me, I will exercise my right to ignore your posts.

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 42 of 49

@imjolly wrote:
Funny I am sure there is a post you made which said you signed up to fibre for bt sports. LOL

I would be very interested in seeing that post.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 49

Try this http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/Sky-Sports-1-and-2-and-BT-in-general-Absolutely-disgraceful/td-p... Post 42

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 44 of 49

It says page not found. But the chance of it saying I signed up to fibre is nil. There is no fibre in my exchange.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Haribo
Contributor
Message 45 of 49

By the way, i am not sure why people think I am complaining. I couldn't be happier as a BT customer. I can't wait for the sports channels to start and my pings have halved since moving from Sky.

And yes, I moved from sky broadband to BT broadband for the sports channels and would advise others to do the same.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 49

Main point is you moved to bt just to get the sports - end of more pointless posts for me on this subject

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 47 of 49

Haribo wrote:

If I am breaking any rules then feel free to report me to the moderators.

Meanwhile, as you have expressed such a view about me, I will exercise my right to ignore your posts.

I didn't say you were breaking rules nor did I express a view about you, I just asked for a little discretion. Someone who joins a forum like this and tops 150 posts in their first week is either a genius or a serial waffler; I don't see a Nobel Prize in the offing.

I'd be delighted if you exercise your right ignore this; to suppress your obvious obsession for the last word would be quite an achievement.

Nighty night.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
boybeckham
Contributor
Message 48 of 49

Oh well - got a call from a helpful chap from BT today (I didn't catch his name - sorry if you are reading this) in relation to my recent questions about availability of sky sports over copper broadband and it seems that IF I had not cancelled my subscription to the channels in June, then I may have been able to receive them now.

This has REALLY P!ssed me off! I was completely miss-advised at the time of my cancellation. I asked the question "IF I cancel, will I be able to re-subscribe in August" and was told YES (albeit with the added info that I would lose aerial coverage of the channel anyway).  I would not have cancelled if I'd been correctly advised.

The guy on the other end of the phone was very helpful but said that there was nothing he could do to allow me to get the channels back.

How Bl00dy ridiculous is this?

I've been a loyal BT Vision, broadband and Phone customer for as long as I can remember and this is how I am treated! Penalised because I of miss-advise and because I am not able to get Infinity broadband.

If the supply of SS1 & 2 is available to some then why not all? Absolutely Diabolical! How bl00dy difficult would it be for them to put my service back on?

Can anyone suggest the name and address of who it would be best to formally write to regarding this shambolic treatment of long serving loyal customers and ask for a full explanation of why I am being, in my opinion, victimised and unjustlly treated?

Many thanks

Just Read Seans post on here and at last an explanation - albeit a very disapointing outcome to it all.

0 Ratings
mike101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 49

Me too, I cancelled Sky sports because I was told it would definately end for me June 12th. I have tried to get an answer as to whether I could have it reinstated thru my (very good ASDL) but all I get is the "its only available thru infinity" mantra.

I would also add that the amount of mis-information and contradictory advice given by the various BT depts is something BT need to address urgently.

In the last week I have been told

1." I dont need a viewing card for my BTvision box"

2." I do need a viewing card"

3." My current box is not compatable and needs to be swapped(£49)"

4. "My box is the latest version and will 100% receive BT sport."

5. "I need to place an order for BT vision"

6. " Do nothing it will happen automatically"

I appreciate that due to the various platforms this launch is complex but that is even more reason for BT staff to be fully trained and in posession of the correct information.

0 Ratings