cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Receiving text messages on landline after 11pm

Go to solution

1571 rang me on my landline at 8am this morning to inform me I had a text message - received at 11.03pm last night. 

Why did it take so long?  How can I ensure that I receive such messages as soon as they are sent?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Receiving text messages on landline after 11pm

Go to solution

I believe that their is a curfew on the system for messages received after 11pm.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Not sure how this forum system works (getting in touch with BT seems so difficult) but no, you have not answered my query.  Why the curfew?  The message was from my daughter to say she wouldn't be coming home.  Fortunatelly I was able to contact her mobile to mobile but otherwise I would have been worried all night.  How can I get the curfew lifted?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I typed 11pm into the search form and found a reply to another question which said ring 0800 587 5252 to change the curfew times  - which I have now done.  Why has it taken me an hour searching the BT site to find the answer?  I find the site very complicated and unfriendly.  But thank you Devon Dave for your imput.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for posting the number to ring - I had spent ages trying to find how to turn off the SMS text message system.

Hope its all gone now.

0 Ratings