Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Recent Email - Important changes to your BT Infinity service

I got this email the other day, see below

Hello, 

You can now get faster broadband speeds in your neighbourhood because we’ve improved our network. And they won’t cost you a penny extra. 

Your upload speed could go from up to 2Mb to up to 9Mb (your download speed will stay the same). 

Thanks for choosing BT. 

Warren Buckley
Managing Director, Customer Service 

ATM i haven't seen any increase in upload speed, do i need to reboot my modem and Home Hub 3 for this to take effect?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Recent Email - Important changes to your BT Infinity service

You may need to sign up to a new contract to move from BT Infinity Option 1 to BT Infinity2 Option 1. When did you get your Infinity service installed initially?

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

My Infinity was installed on 25/2/2011

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 4

Doing the upgrade will start a new 18 month contract.  If you are happy with Infinity so far, no problem and go for the upgrade.  Otherwise, you might consider waiting till you current contract is up (looks as if it very nearly is, or may even be), and moving to another provider such as PlusNet.

0 Ratings