cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 13

Re: Recently moved in and inherited bodged wiring.

Thanks for the suggestions, might remove it once all the other jobs in the house are done, so probably never!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 13

There is huge difference between cable broadband and xDSL broadband. Cable briadband can offer higher headline speeds. But it will always slow to a crawl at peak times. This is because every subscriber from a headend is sharing the same coaxial cable loop. With xDSL every subscriber gets their own pair of twisted copper wire from the street cabinet into their home. Don't believe me. Then look at how strict the VM policy is for dowloading during peak times.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 13

@jfsfoster wrote:
There is huge difference between cable broadband and xDSL broadband. Cable briadband can offer higher headline speeds. But it will always slow to a crawl at peak times. This is because every subscriber from a headend is sharing the same coaxial cable loop. With xDSL every subscriber gets their own pair of twisted copper wire from the street cabinet into their home. Don't believe me. Then look at how strict the VM policy is for dowloading during peak times.

Im aware of the VM traffic management and it was annoying that they invested more and more into the headline speed whilst increasing the traffic management at the same time. That said we never had a slowdown at peak times but i know some areas do suffer a lot with that issue.

0 Ratings