cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Recently upgraded to Halo 2

Go to solution

Good afternoon

We recently upgraded from Infinity 2 to Halo 2. The Smart Hub2 has arrived earlier in the week together with the wifi disc. OK, so I started to look at removing the old equipment and substituting the new.

Problem - we are pensioners in lock down, both 75 and only I am comfortable with technology (as you would expect, having spent 35 years in design, testing and commissioning of banking systems until retirement). Just as I was about to unplug the old equipment, I developed the "shakes" because I was worried that if I screwed up, we would be left in the lurch. We rely on home deliveries (when we can get them) and keeping in touch all done via computer.

Am I worrying unnecessarily? Should I just leave everything in the boxes until the current pandemic blows over, possibly in 6 months time? I was contemplating availing the services of the Free Home Tech expert visit but, of course, this will not now be possible.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Recently upgraded to Halo 2

Go to solution

which hub do you have just now?

changing hubs should be just a straightforward  disconnect one and reconnect the other.  only problem initially is you need to turn of smart setup in new SH2 and also all your wireless devices will no longer connect to new hub.  you can either go rond your wifi devices changing SSID and password to new hub or as I do I change the new hub SSID to the name of my previous hub and the password to what it was before and that way all my wifi devices connect right away

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

You do not need to connect up anything if you don't want to.  The main "benefits" of the Halo 2 package are more to do with administrative issues such as promises to keep you connected, Home Tech Experts  more data for BT mobile phone users etc and you do not need the new hub for that.

If you do decide change to the new hub everything should just work but if you connect by wireless you will need to connect all your wireless devices to the new hub using its wireless password.

Personally if your old hub is working correctly I would just leave things as they are.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you both. I think we had better leave things as they are for now. Our families are spread far and wide and therefore my wife can video call any time (I am deaf).

As things are at the moment, I am getting 65mbs down even on wifi. 

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

If it works, don't try to fix it.

0 Ratings