cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Recontracted BT for upgrade... got no speed upgrade

These are the EXACT speeds I got before the upgrade, it told me i'd get 58Mb down and 14Mb up but on my account page it says...

• Up to 38Mb download speed
  • Up to 9Mb upload speed

I've recontracted and followed that web form and it all went through fine.

Talktalk says I can get 58Mb down and 14Mb up, should I switch ISP's if I can only get 38Mb on BT?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Recontracted BT for upgrade... got no speed upgrade

When did you contact BT? As the upgrade form was only going to be made avaliable from today.

I would expect at least 1 working day for the upgrade to be processed if not more if there is a big rush to be upgraded.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 19

Yeah I did it this morning about 1am and its on my BT account as upgrading 2moz so it looks like a 24hr HAPPY DAYS LOL
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 19

If you chose the upgrade link http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29280  it will be midnights friday.

If you totally re-ordered the whole package via broadband order screen it will take up to 7 days,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 19

@deathaxe wrote:

When did you contact BT? As the upgrade form was only going to be made avaliable from today.

I would expect at least 1 working day for the upgrade to be processed if not more if there is a big rush to be upgraded.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29280 is the upgrade link.

i did it about 0:30 this morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 19

Now people are being quoted 3-7 days when they upgrade so it is a wait and see as to when it will happen.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

It's actually giving me a lower estimate than what I'm currently getting 😞 it only appears to be offering the 40/10 profile - I take it not everyone can get the 80/20 profile?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 19

everybody is on the 17a profile now, it was just there was a software cap limiting the speed.

When the profile was changed last year people who were on less than 40 meg saw an uplift up to the 40 meg cap.

So if you are synching at less than 40 meg now then that is all you are getting until the next round of upgrades.

The predictor has been and looks to be continuing to be ultra conservative to allow for crosstalk of a full cabinet as well as local conditions.

The checker says I can get 66meg but my modem is reporting a max attainable of 92/32. Over 30% difference.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

It's predicting 38/6 for me and I'm currently getting 38.39/9.05 so looks like to upgrade for me 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 19

You did but you just had it early.

I am wondering what is going to happen with other ISP's who are going to charge more for the 80/20 and people have sub 40meg lines.

Will they say no or just put people on the profile and just take the money.

0 Ratings