Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyh
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Recording YV versus BTV

Hi,

When viewing a programme and pressing record BTV would try to record back from the beginning of the programme or from when you changed to that channel if mid programme. That way you could be watching a programme and pehaps see something of interest and then decide to record the whole programme

With YV it seems that record only starts from when you press the record button, you cannot record from the saved time slip. I have tried rewinding and hoping that the record would start from that point but it only records from the current live stream.

I have no interest in On Demand or PPV and this was probably one of the most useful features for me and it seems YV simply won't do this. It can't be that difficult as the programme is already on the disk, just a matter of shifting the 'start' pointer I would have thought.

I haven't got the April upgrade yet but I bet this won't be on it!

Ta.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Recording YV versus BTV

@andyh wrote:

Hi,

When viewing a programme and pressing record BTV would try to record back from the beginning of the programme or from when you changed to that channel if mid programme. That way you could be watching a programme and pehaps see something of interest and then decide to record the whole programme

With YV it seems that record only starts from when you press the record button, you cannot record from the saved time slip. I have tried rewinding and hoping that the record would start from that point but it only records from the current live stream.

I have no interest in On Demand or PPV and this was probably one of the most useful features for me and it seems YV simply won't do this. It can't be that difficult as the programme is already on the disk, just a matter of shifting the 'start' pointer I would have thought.

I haven't got the April upgrade yet but I bet this won't be on it!

Ta.

It's not in the April update but YouVIew have said it's on their list of additions/fixes to implement. I would consider it the last most glaring omission whcih needs to be added. 

0 Ratings
guilbo
Guru
Message 3 of 5

The new BTV software which was designed to provide the basis for BT YouView doesn't do this either. Neither does my mum's old non-YouView Humax box.

Fiddling with the BTV software I get the impression that the recording subsystem and trickplay subsystem use completely different buffers so the solution would be rather more complicated than just adjusting the the start pointer.

0 Ratings
hpw753
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Has there been any progress with this query?

I too miss the feature that BTV had, used to be able to record the whole programme even if it was near the end.

0 Ratings
MooJuice
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I have a Humax 9300T that provides this functionality, though you have to wind back the time-shifted stream to the point you want to (retrospectively) start recording from.

0 Ratings