cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 11 of 45

Re: Recurring Broadband Interruption

"the IP profile will reset automatically no need for mod intervention"

Thanks. Every day I look at it it says 7.15. But I guess that may be conincidence. Or a MaxADSL (20CN) feature?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 45

it is not a adslmax feature could you please repost the speed test showing an image of the speedtest results
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 13 of 45

Thnks for your reply.  sppedtest pix here

rose.jpg

And for comparison my data (next door house)

cob.png

FYI, 12months ago I got involved because the line was stuck with an IP PROFILE of 2MB (from an old contract).  It took a month and the involvement of Chris and Dean to get that limit removed.  Could it (the IP PROFILE) now be "stuck" at 7.15?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 45

if it doesn't reset itself to correct the profile then your first connection drop/reset will correct the profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 15 of 45

I am the engineer (neighbour!) helping with this.  As requested by the mod team (Neil) I have pugged the router into test socket.  Stats here.  I have also sent an email.  (IP_PROFILE looks stuck at 7.15 but what do I know...)

roses1.jpg

roses3.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 45

if your line is stable - the conenction time was omitted from stats then I would be looking to get my noise margin reset to get max speed 7.938mb with correct profile of 7.15 rather than get a lower profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 17 of 45

The line drops frequently throughout the day. The mods asked us plug the router into test socket before they start their tests... or whatever they do.  So time plugged in was about 10mins.  Cheers.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 45

think this is first one I have seen where a reset has not corrected the profile (apart from the usual stuck at 2mb) - 7.15mb is not normal place for profile to get stuck.  with the attenuation this could be max conenction but if dropping as you describe and conencted to test socket with new filter and quiet line test ok then looks like job for engineer

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 45

very strange I agree an engineer visit is needed
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 20 of 45

Latest modem stats (neighbour is away, the mods may be training the line -or whatever they do- I don't know).  This is with the router connected to the test socket for 3 days now.

roses7.jpg

Immediate, layman observations are that the speed has been significantly reduced. And the SNR Margin is 10db higher than a week ago.

EDIT: my stats for comparison (crappy THOMPSON)

SN Margin  [dB]:                             10.5 / 31.0
Line Attenuation  [dB]:                   28.0 / 15.0
Bandwidth  [kbps/kbps]:               8,128 / 448
Maximum Bandwidth[kbps/kbps]:   8,160 / 1,260
CRC Errors :                            124,097 / 142

0 Ratings