cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcbaps
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Rediculous phone wait just to sign up for 100mb "trial"...

I was tired of getting 2mb BB through Sky. So I called 0800 111 4567 last week and spoke to a guy who confirmed that I can now get 100mb BB, I was waiting for my MAC code to come through, and the guy I spoke to said that he'd call me on saturday (5/3/2011) around midday. It got to around 3pm and I decided to call the 0800 111 4567 number again. I spoke to a very helpful lady who went to sign me up. She tested my speed and said something along the lines of "oh this is strange. It doesnt usually come up with 100mb" I'll have to use the old system. After a few minutes, she said that I'd have to call 0800 032 0843 and transferred me through to another number to sort out a billing overcharge of £45... which is now being refunded to me.

Now this is where it gets messy. I call the 0800 032 0843 number, and it rings and I choose option 1, I then get the "thank you for holding, we are very busy at the moment and apologise for the delay, your call will be answered as soon as possible" for the next 6 hours 37 minutes and 47 seconds!!!!!! Does noone answer this phone? I kind of figured that noone would answer after the first hour, but I was curious. Thank god I have speakerphone and was working on the house that day... I just sat the phone in the corner and carried on. Has anyone ever got through on this number? or know another number that actually gets answered? SLA's in that place must be out of the window...

epic phone call to bt

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Paigntonian
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Rediculous phone wait just to sign up for 100mb "trial"...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha welcome to the wonderful world of BT!!

No doubt the BT loyalist will pop in and give the usual excuses!!

Good job its a free phone number lol

------Marc------
0 Ratings
j-whitney
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

ha ha, normaly if I have to wait anymore than 30 mins I hang up and redial and I find they then answer in about 10 mins! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks
Message 4 of 10

I have an excuse!
They were on a tea break 😄
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi McBaps

I can have someone get in touch with you on this one.

Send me an email using the form link in the section 'about me' on my profile'.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
jdowning640
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

This is why I got my MAC code yesterday - **bleep** customer service from BT and it's only whenever you say you're going to get your local MP / MLA on the case that someone from 'Executive Level Complaints' calls you and even then the issue hasn't been resolved.

0 Ratings
mcbaps
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Removed - I have now received a response

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mcbaps
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Re: Removed - I have now received a response

Wrong information recieved, terrible service, poor reasons given, and i havent even signed up yet. Have given up, and I won't be moving my provider for the foreseeable future.

0 Ratings
blooty
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

mcbaps

It is a trial, and as part of this trial everyhting is tested. This will include phone support, systems, installation.. etc.

Be happy you are being given the opportnity to trial this and stop moaning!

If i've given you a helpful answer please rate me by clicking the rating star to the left 😄
BT Total Broadband Option 4 - London - Pimlico Exchange
0 Ratings
mcbaps
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

"Be happy you are being given the opportnity to trial this"

Looks like you've completely missed the point
0 Ratings